Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momofsteelex3

Bakers Creek

momofsteelex3
10 years ago

Does anyone go to their big festival that is coming up next weekend? My mom and step-dad go and love it. I think it looks so neat! I'm currently plotting how to get my husband on board for a road trip next week.

Comments (6)

• chrholme
    10 years ago

My DH and I will be there! It is our first year and we are sooooo excited!!! :)

• momofsteelex3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Trees- are you guys close to it? Are ya'll camping there for the weekend, or just going for a day? I'm about 3 1/2 hours. My mom came back last year with the coolest hand woven basket, and a bunch of other cool craft type things. She said their blueberry cinnamon rolls are OUT OF THIS WORLD! SO get one! And they brought back so many seeds! Have fun! I'm super jealous!

• soonergrandmom
    10 years ago

We will probably be there also, but if you haven't been before remember that it is SUNDAY AND MONDAY, May 5th and 6th. Be sure to go into the seed store (which will be packed) but they normally run some type of unadvertised special.

I first go look at the list of speakers so I can plan my day. Some of the presentations fill up fast, but if I am not interested in what is being presented then I use that time to shop. There are always lots of vendors selling plants, honey, baked goods, iron works, etc., in addition to the retail stores on the property. A lot of the speakers have books to sell.

There is a vegetarian restaurant there with a limited menu and unless it has changed the cost of the meal is a donation. I haven't been there this year since I didn't need more seed. My husband was coming through that town on his way home from a trip, and he went there and filled my shopping list for the year.

Wear good walking shoes and be prepared for a crowd.

I normally have responsibilities on Sunday, but we tend to do a little trip the first weekend of May since I have a birthday, anniversary, and Mother's Day, usually within a 10 day period, I sometimes I choose the festival (and goodies) for my birthday celebration. I can pick my own presents at the festival. LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Festival

• momofsteelex3
    Original Author
    10 years ago

soonergrandmom- I was drooling over their website this morning!

The seeds and vendors just excite me! And maybe the speakers..if its something I would find interesting.

It sounds like a wonderful way to spend your birthday/anniversary/mother's day!

Enjoy your trip!

• chrholme
    10 years ago

We are about 4 I think but we are driving to Springfield and spending the night there. I couldn't talk DH into camping and had to promise a round of golf and massage Saturday ( in Springfield)just to get him to agree to go Sunday :)

He is a great partner for going with me to the Spring Fling and BC festival, even though he doesn't enjoy plants or gardening! He knows I just love them both so much :) :) :)

• soonergrandmom
    10 years ago

Al just finds a bale of hay and sits down to people watch and listen to the music, but said he might like the beekeeping presentation. I couldn't care less about the music, but I like to check out all the vendors and the seed store.