Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Oklahoma Drought Monitor 4/2/2013

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
10 years ago

I've linked the latest version of the Oklahoma state map from the U. S. Drought Monitor below.

This includes all data reported as of 7 a.m. Tuesday, 4-2-2013, so you will not see any improvement related to rain that has fallen since 7 a.m. Tuesday.

This is the first Drought Monitor map I can remember seeing in quite some time that has an area shaded in 'yellow' to reflect that an area is merely Abnormally Dry. Could the color 'white' be coming to the Oklahoma Drought Monitor soon? Stay tuned.

Otherwise, there is not much change from last week to this week, but I do think we'll see more changes next week....although they likely will be subtle changes and not some big massive end to drought over a widespread area. Well, if we suddenly had 5 to 7" fall in a one-week period, then the areas that got that rainfall likely would show great improvement in their drought conditions.

We've been seeing slow and steady drought improvement, moving from eastern OK westward for a couple of months now. I just hope that enough rain falls this spring that we at least can go into summer's heat with everyone out of drought or at least back in the lower categories.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: This Week's OK Drought Monitor