Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
US Drought Monitor for 04/02/2013

Posted by okiedawn Z7 OK (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 11:25

Because we have friends from many different states that post here at the OK Forum, I wanted to link the U. S. Drought Monitor so everyone can see what drought looks like in states other than OK.

If you want to pull a single state or region out of the map to look at it more closely, click on the state you want to see. That will pull up the regional map. You can look at the whole region or you can click again on the individual state shown on the regional map and it will bring up just that state and its data in the little box that shows the various stages from D-0 through D-4.

I think it is interesting that Alaska is Abnormally Dry....and look at Hawaii! They've been suffering from drought right along with the rest of us. Some parts of Hawaii had torrential rainfall this week, so maybe their luck is about to change there.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: U S Drought Monitor 4/2/2013

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: US Drought Monitor for 04/02/2013

Its most always dryer on the westside of the Island of Hawaii, but there has been some not normal drought going on. Eastside usually has rain everyday, but if two weeks go by without rain, everyone gets worried because rain catchment is used mostly there. There are trucks that will come fill your tank, but its costly.
I guess the rain followed us back to Ok....your welcome! Lol!

o

Hey momfryhover,

Welcome home, and a million thanks for bringing us the rainfall. We sure appreciate it.

I bet the grandkids are thrilled to have you back in OK.

Dawn

o

Thanks Dawn! Its nice to be back! And the grandkids seem to be happy Nana and Papa have returned. One of my grandsons who is 4 was sitting by me in the swing and he looked right at me, pointing his finger and said "You know, Hawaii? Don't pull that again!". I was not sure what to say as Hawaii is really not out of our systems. Well, we are here at least until next winter, then all bets may be off, LOL!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here