Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Heads Up Y'all! Tornado Watch Now 33 OK Counties

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
11 years ago

Hey y'all,

A Tornado Watch has been issued for 33 Oklahoma Counties as well as some adjacent counties in parts of Arkansas (Larry!) and Texas.

The Tornado Watch is in effect through 11 p.m. tonight.

It is 90 degrees at our house and the humidity has been awful all day so I've been expecting trouble....and that was before they issued the Tornado Watch.

Stay safe everyone!

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Map Showing Tornado Watch Counties in Yellow

Comments (8)

• momofsteelex3
    11 years ago

Yikes! You stay safe down in your neck of the woods!

I was out planting tomatoes today, telling mother nature where to stick her bi-polar weather patterns, and I thought it was awful out! It definitely felt a lot warmer then the 71 they were saying. I couldn't imagine 90 already!

This post was edited by momofsteelex3 on Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 18:23

• slowpoke_gardener
    11 years ago

Dawn, thanks. You are my most valuable weather person.

Larry

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We are fine. We had some storms on the radar that were SW of us in TX and looking a little scary so we put deer netting over hoops over the tomato and onion beds for hail protection. I don't know how much hail the storms produced, but once when I was checking the radar I saw what looked like a hail core. We could see horrible clouds slightly south of us and could hear thunder on and off for 2 hours, but so far the storms have stated south of the Red River. Our worst weather here, in terms of severity, almost always comes at us from our SW.

As I was watching the radar, stopping to check it about every 15 minutes, it looked like we had a tall wall(The Great Wall of Oklahoma?) at the Red River that was making storms just melt away. I'm okay with that! : )

Larry, Thanks. I hope y'all are okay tonight. I got in such a habit of posting these when Diane lived in LeFlore County and the hills around her kept her family's weather radio from receiving the warnings. Now, I just think that it is a good idea to post them in case someone else is outside like I was, and comes inside and sees the Tornado Warning and says "Oh, crap, I didn't know this was happening". Actually my first clue that a watch had been issued was a text message from our county's Emergency Mgmt Director. He's really good about sending us the weather watch and warning news as soon as he gets that info himself.

Dr. Forbes has some TorCon numbers posted for our region for later in the week, and I'll be watching those as the most serious weather days approach.

Dawn

• chickencoupe
    11 years ago

yeah. We don't have TV and there's no radio on. Recently, I've come to rely upon Norman's weather service facebook postings, but the internet is our source. Never know how helpful it can be to have those few extra minutes.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

well i dont see a thread dedicated to yesterdays round so Ill ask this here.

Did everyone make it through OK?

I live in Glenpool now and had a nervous 30 minutes or so. A small tornado dropped about a mile and a half from were my kids were and a lot of their friends too.

Hope everyone made it ok.

Mike

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

I think all of us in OKC are okay. I've seen a number of us on line.

I'm in The Village, (north OKC)

Lisa

• Lisa_H OK
    11 years ago

I think all of us in OKC are okay. I've seen a number of us on line.

I'm in The Village, (north OKC)

Lisa

• chickencoupe
    11 years ago

I'm glad everyon's okay!

Mike, if I recall, that spot near Glenpool is a tornado zone frequently by touchdowns. I remember being holed up in a motel in Glenpool waiting out a tornado, once. Yikes!

Bonnie