Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

another try: Peonies at the plant swap on Saturday

OklaMoni
10 years ago

For some reason, the edit button doesn't seem to work for me. :(

I got these peonies along with my house last year. They didn't bloom. I just dug them out from under a tree, and under some bushes.

Moni

{{gwi:1097201}}

Comments (22)

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I also got these... they are growing from a bulb. No idea, what they are, but they are pretty. ;)

{{gwi:1097203}}

{{gwi:1097204}}

• chrholme
    10 years ago

I would love one!! Is there something I can bring for you?

• seeker1122
    10 years ago

I'd love a peony.
    I have yellow cannas If you'd like or some dried gourds.
    Tree

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am not putting any requests out... I will just see, what shows up. ;)

But, we can put a peony on your list.

Just everyone let me know if you want one, and I will keep track of it, and put your name on one.

Moni

• bettycbowen
    10 years ago

If you have enough, I'd like a peony please.

• p_mac
    10 years ago

Moni - those skinny leaved ones with the white blooms - I'd love to have some!!! They have come up at my place this year...and may have several years before & I mistakenly thought they were wild garlic. This year...I left them alone and was pleasantly rewarded with those pretty white blooms! I want more so I'll take any of those you have extra to share...or just a few if someone else wants some.

So my question is how you gonna transport those on your bike? LOL!

Paula

• soonergrandmom
    10 years ago

Paula, She is probably going to ride her bike and tow her car. It's only a 100 miles or so, so Moni can probably make that.

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

I have two small peonies set aside for Tree and Betty also. I think they are going to be okay. I also am bringing a pink peony for Bon's daughter to make good on a promise I made last year :)

• okievegan
    10 years ago

Hey mom, I can't go to the plant swap because there is a teachers' conference, but I'll trade you a baby lamb's ear for one of those white flowers.

• soonergrandmom
    10 years ago

Moni, If you have enough, I would love to grab a peony. I'm so glad you are able to come this year. Carol

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey, daughter... no swapping with you!!!! Those lambs ears are mine!!!! You have to let me have them back. :)

LOL

Love ya

Mom

• okievegan
    10 years ago

Nope.....they are mine. You can't lay claim to pretty things that pop up in my garden of their own volition just because you're my mom.

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok, four peonies are spoken for
    and two people want some of the bulbs that make the white flowers

Got two peonies still up for grabs.

Moni

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

Moni, I would love some of white flower too.

• shankins123
    10 years ago

OK...not fair! I'm at work and the pictures are blocked on this posting (who knows why!)...anyway, I'm reading skinny leaves and white flowers...are they zephyranthes (rain flowers)? If they are, I had pink ones when I lived in Dallas...I loved those little flowers, right along with Bletilla (Chinese ground orchids)...I haven't seen those since I moved, but I'd like them! Anybody here grow those??

Sharon

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, Sharon, that is what they look like. Thanks for the ID, without even seeing them!!! You rock! :)

I'll bring you some!!!

And with that, I better quit on taking "orders" for the zephyranthes cause otherwise I won't have any left! :)

Moni

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

Moni, Sharon and I could do our trades here...I still have your seeds :) , so you wouldn't have to take them with you.

Lisa

• seeker1122
    10 years ago

Paula were you talking to me about my bike or someone else?
    I just bought a little economical pickup. I'm trying to bring that. I have to be at my moms friday night and we can't leave till late and I know It will be cold.
    Brent is way younger than me and only the heat bothered me in the past and now the cold is starting to.
    TREE

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lisa you have mail

Tree, they are talking about my other obsession.. bicycling. LOL

Moni

• shankins123
    10 years ago

Oh, wow....gold star for me today :)

Cool...and yes; we can do our trades back here if you like OR...you can do whatever! I'm just happy for them because they're so dependable...we get rain, they pop up and bloom. We don't get rain....then we're extra appreciative when it finally DOES rain :)

Sharon

• chickencoupe
    10 years ago

Those are Paperwhites, if someone hasn't already mentioned. They can be forced in a planter to bloom early spring and used as a center piece. Lovely things!

bon

• tigerdawn
    10 years ago

I can bring more of those white rain flowers.

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz