Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lat0403

Baseball size hail?

lat0403
9 years ago

No, thanks. I just covered my whole garden. It's pretty windy so it wasn't fun. Now it probably won't do anything, but that's okay. It needs to hurry though because I don't think the plants will like being covered while it's 90 degrees.

Leslie

Comments (7)

• Carmen Peterson
    9 years ago

I will be bringing my babies indoors. This sucks@

• TotemWolf
    9 years ago

No hail here in Granite, OK, but the wind from that first storm got my little greenhouse. Good thing all I had left in it was a few flowers I had just started. I hope these next couple just bring rain.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    9 years ago

Man if not one thing its another. Y'all stay safe.

• TotemWolf
    9 years ago

I think it is past here now. I'll have to check the rain gauge in the morning.
    Everyone stay safe tonight.

• lat0403
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We didn't really get anything. Mesonet says we got 0.03" of rain but I'll check my gauge in the morning. If I hadn't covered, it probably would've happened. That's just the way it works.

Leslie

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    9 years ago

Leslie, It sucks that y'all didn't get more rain than that. My garden luck is the same as yours---if I cover up, nothing makes it to us, and if I don't cover up, we get hailed upon

Totemwolf, I hope y'all got some good rain. You need every drop you can get there.

I'll go find and link the current "Rainfall Since Midnight" rainfall map and we can see if anyone is getting good rain.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Map of Rainfall Since Midnight

• HarvestTime
    9 years ago

We lucked out in Clinton, nickel sized hail to the north of us and golfball size to our south but both cells skirted us so lucked out this round. I'm stuck in south TX and its a little stressful being away from home at this time of the year. I have to rely on my Fiance and friends and I hope everyone out there stays safe, looks like round 2 on sat/sun.

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County