Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

top soil/compost

OklaMoni
10 years ago

Have you ever bought from Murphy Products in Stockyard City?

how happy were you with their product?

Moni

Here is a link that might be useful: murphy products

Comments (3)

• LikesFerns
    10 years ago

I have purchased rich mix soil from them twice now... very very inexpensive compared to any other company in the OKC area. It has a lot of composed cow manure (watched them collecting from the stock yards next door) so it is very rich, but it compresses a lot. Everything I have put into at the old house grew very well (including grass that wasn't supposed to be there) and I'm still waiting to see how my new plants do at the new house.

• shankins123
    10 years ago

It's interesting that you say it contains a lot of composted cow manure....I bought "rich mix" from them about 4 years ago and was sorely disappointed (had it delivered)...it was so sandy/silty and I could see evidence of almost NO compost. Now I wonder if I received what I ordered (!) I am still battling the dust of that in a couple of raised beds and my front lawn and trying to figure out how to get enough composted material worked into all of it...thought I was taking care of that to begin with...sigh...

Sharon

• slowpoke_gardener
    10 years ago

Sharon, I don't know how your lawn and garden are set up or what type of tools you have to work with, but here is how I handle problem areas.

This is a low area of my lawn that I am trying to improve. I move unwanted soil into this area. I dump it and later till it and rake it smooth. I will add compost and plant grass seeds if I am in energetic mood.

I get the bags of compost at Ace Hardware, it comes from Miami OK. They load it for me and when I get home I just drag it off the back of my truck onto my little dump cart and pull it to the work location. If it is a larger project I wait till the is dry enough to drive my pickup to the work area.

I had this spot tilled and raked smooth last week, and then started another project Sat., then another one today. I may never have grass in this spot.

Larry

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022