Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldokie

spring fling

oldokie
9 years ago

my wife and I had a wonderful time thank you all for the food , the plants and friendships once again thank you

Comments (5)

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    9 years ago

Tim and I had a wonderful time too. The food, plants and company were awesome.

To me, the Spring Fling almost feels like a family reunion. It is so much fun to see the folks we know and remember from past plant swaps, and also to meet new folks and have a face to put with a name from this point forward. It is also fun to watch the kids and grandkids growing up and changing over the years.

Thank you to everyone who participated in any and every way. Every single person who attended added their own touch to the gathering and made it the fun event that we all enjoy so much. For those of you who were unable to attend, we missed your presence and hope you'll be able to attend next year.

A special Thank You to Ken and Paula for hosting this event once again. You two rock! When we turn into your driveway, I feel like I have arrived home....and know that the only way to summarize the event after it is over is to say "a good time was had by all". (And, a lot of homeless plants and seeds found new homes!)

Dawn

• Lisa_H OK
    9 years ago

It was another great Spring Fling!!

I enjoyed meeting everyone! and I'm thrilled with the dill and fennel I came home with...and hopefully my butterflies will be too!

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    9 years ago

I had to come back to say a big Thank You to Lynn for the beautiful jars of jelly and salsa. Tim and I appreciate your thoughtfulness and I can assure you we will enjoy every yummy bite.

Also, thank you to Tom for sharing photos of y'all's awesome rain barrel project. Tim is feeling positively inspired, which makes me hopeful a rain barrel project will make it onto his To Do list.

Lisa, I hope the dill and fennel attract lots of butterflies. I have them, and parsley, scattered all over my garden and we have butterflies all the time.

Dawn

• amunk01
    9 years ago

Im so thankful for all the memories, friendships, plants, and my delightful homemade soap (from the door prizes)! The entire day was a blast, thank you to everyone who contributed to such a great event! Paula, it was amazing to meet you and enjoy your beautiful home! Thank you so much for being such a fun hostess, you're such a hoot! I had such a wonderful time talking to everyone and matching names to faces. What a day! :) I'm so thankful to be able to call the kind and generous people on this forum, my friends. Thank you again e veryone. I'm already excited about next year!
    Alexis

• lisakeel1
    9 years ago

Alexis, Are you the one who gave me the coleslaw recipe? I need to say Thanks again. We had a cook out Sunday and I made some of your slaw. The whole family Loved it!
    Thanks again,
    Lisak