Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Potatoes of the Season

Posted by biradarcm 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 23:35

Today just for curiosity I digged little bit around two potato plants and surprise to see already 2-3" taters, de-skinned with little rub and we ate them right away, they were quite crunchy and juicy! Tany said yum yum!

Pink is Dark Red Norland and White is Yukon Gold.

-Chandru

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Potatoes of the Season

Chandra, that is great. Your potatoes look more healthy than mine. I love new potatoes and green beans.

Larry

o

I've been weeding out volunteers from last year's potato patch. We've had a couple of meals from them. Most have potatoes like that. Guess there are perks to being slow on some things!

George
Tahlequah, OK

o

Chandra, They look yummy! I've been wanting to harvest some new potatoes, but am waiting until the tiny green beans grow large enough to harvest so we can have fresh green beans and new potatoes.

Larry, That's one of our favorite spring dishes! I hope we will be eating the first batch of green beans with new potatoes by the middle of next week.

George, I have volunteers too in some places, and some of them are in places where I had potatoes two years ago, not last year. That part kind of surprised me as I didn't have any volunteers in that area last year.

Dawn

o

Chandra, your garden looks lovely!!!!

o

My potato plants are amazingly big and happy looking this year. This odd weather we've had seems to agree with them. They've been in the ground since March 1, but I've hesitated to go exploring for new potatoes.

o

Yes! My plants seem especially happy, but the ones that Katie is growing in SNU's community garden are HUGE...they're just past the peak of bloom, too. This ought to be another amazing potato year I'm thinking - glad you're already eating them, Chandra!

Sharon

o

It is nice to have good potato weather two years in a row. I wonder if it is too much to hope for equally good potato weather next year?

Sharon, So Katie has an in-ground garden this year. Oh, that is so cool for her!

I think my potatoes look the best this year that they've ever looked, and I sure hope I didn't jinx them all by saying that.

Dawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here