Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leggy spaghetti squash seedlings

Posted by leava z7OK (My Page) on
Wed, May 25, 11 at 11:11

planted a few spaghetti squash seeds along with other squash.the spagh ones shot up like lightning like little periscopes with the first leaves on top and are very leggy, i did not get them under light fast enough,like they did this almost overnite.......so when i plant them do i get the extra stem underground like when you trench leggy tomatoes? they are so cute,jeff thinks i am nuts but each little plant is like a pet to me and i like to watch what they do.......i asked him if he thought they were cute, he said no, they just look like plants to me.......
lol......leava

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leggy spaghetti squash seedlings

Leava,

Yes, you can plant the stems deep although I never put leggy squash too terribly deep in clay soil if it is very wet for fear the stems might rot.

I'd transplant the leggy ones into the ground as soon as they're hardened off and I could do so, because squash is not overly fond of being transplanted. The older the seedlings when transplanted, the more likely they are to sulk and have a growth stall after they're transplanted.

Dawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here