Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Heads Up, Perkins, Cushing @ 3:08 pm

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
10 years ago

Although a Tornado Warning hasn't been issued or extended on the earlier storm, storm chasers near Perkins are reporting debris on the road....TWC's Jim Cantore also is chasing this storm with Reed TImmer and they see a lowering towards the ground. Even if a tornado is not occurring, this is a dangerous storm. Shelter!!!! Listen for warnings or advisories from your local media or the NWS. The wall cloud on video is real low to the ground. Wait, NWS says it produced a 30-second tornado.

Comments (2)

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Y'all now have a Tornado Warning until 4 p.m.

Chase video from Jim Cantore/Reed Timmer is scary looking. If you are in this area and reading this, I hope youy are in your safe place....a sturdy room with no windows on the lowest level of your home.

KFOR chopper footage also is scarily dark. Seek shelter. Several potential centers of circulation on radar but nothing yet confirmed on the ground.

Here is a link that might be useful: Text of Warning

• chickencoupe
    10 years ago

We hit the deck 5 times with only 2 sirens. Hovered right over our house for an hour showing plenty rotations that came down but didn't touch down.

The first one went up, over and touched down on the highway in the direction of Perkins that the news covered. First time I've ever seen storm chasers. Heck, they were almost a hazard by themselves. lol

We are exhausted but very grateful. It was an excellent drill providing ample learning opportunity for our young ones to know the intensity, severity and danger as well as identify wall clouds.

I'm glad it's over, though.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths