Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double Wave Petunia Question

Posted by MelDawn0511 7b Vian, Ok (mslp2u2000@Yahoo.com) on
Sat, May 4, 13 at 17:00

My hubby surprised me with a huge hanging basket of double wave petunias. I have read on this site that some people dead head them and some don't. Also some say you can collect the seeds and others say that they don't generate seed pods.

So which is it, deadhead or not? Generates seeds or not? Lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double Wave Petunia Question

Ive never had this variety, just normal petunias that i do deadhead, but a quick google search and the concensus there was there is no need to deadhead the double wave. Dont know about getting seed pods from them.

They look really pretty!

o

Yeah I saw where a bunch said no to the deadheading, then I found the same question on here where some one said they deadhead theirs and it produces more blooms lol. But I'm going to go with no to the dead heading lol.

o

Melanie, with all that said, ive never not deadheaded an annual, except for Begonias. If it were me, i think i would pick a small side of the plant and dead head that spot and see if it does better with producing more flowers than the side left alone. I always think if i dont deadhead, i wont get as many blooms and the plant will get scraggly. Its maybe worth the experiment, that way you will know.

Good luck

Emma

o

That's a really good idea. I finally found a site that gives more info about them and that site says don't deadhead, but with everything my mom taught me it was to deadhead, so I am going to try that experiment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here