Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

Oh my gosh, my rain gauge ran over in to the overflow...!!!

OklaMoni
9 years ago

1 1/4 inch today. Yeah!

Now I should be able to put all that newspaper down in the area that will be worked on next.... :)

Moni

Comments (6)

• luvncannin
    9 years ago

Oh yay Moni. I am so happy for you and you beautiful yard. I actually have water standing in my path areas in my garden. It is exciting to have this much rain.
    kim

• p_mac
    9 years ago

Moni - I'm pickled tink for you!!! But we didn't get squat here in NE Norman. Really. Nothing has even measured in the rain gauge.

But on the upside, got lots done outside! Trees trimmed. The last of the mystery tomatoes planted from the Spring Fling! (they're planted in little bathroom cups but not labeled. Maybe roma's I hope?) More onions pulled and lots of flower seeds spread.

OH!!!! And all 4 of the castor beans you shared have broke ground!!!!

Paula

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    9 years ago

Moni, Yay for the overflowing gauge.

Paula, Our rain gauge is as empty as yours. We also got a lot done. At first, I thought we were working hard to get everything done before it rained, but eventually I realized the rain wasn't coming and we could slow down because we didn't have to beat the rain. At least we had periods of time when it was cloudy with a light breeze, which was better than hot and sunny with strong wind.

Dawn

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, for to long promises of rain didn't deliver, and thus, I was out on a bike ride. I wrote this about it:

What are the best biking friends?

The kind, you can call up and they are ready in next to no time to go for a ride with you.

The kind that once it starts raining, ride with you in the rain, and "yoo hoo" when the thunder claps.

The kind that say: lay the bike down... when you are stopped at a red light, during a down pour, and make swimming motions... and say: Lets go for a swim.

Thanks Esther! She is that kind of riding friend.

She rode to the Paseo Arts Festival with me, even made me a peanut butter sandwich... and wasn't perturbed at all, when it started raining. We were the only gals leaving at the festival (on a bike) during a nice heavy downpour. What a hoot!

Of course, I had started riding from home to the Memorial Day Lakes to Lakes ride. Stopped to help Sherry with a flat, and then called Esther once we got to the second lake.

I had a FABULOUS ride. Thanks to both Sherry and Esther!

• luvncannin
    9 years ago

Those are good friends Moni.
    We had to work and we also had more rain. One lady at Turkey registered 7" !
    Kim

• chickencoupe
    9 years ago

It must have been sporadic. I know we've gotten around 3", but the mesonet doesn't show squat over the last 3 days for Perkins, Stillwater or anywhere else nearby.