Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ooo La Lah! Gary's Sweet Potatoes

Posted by seedmama 7 OK (My Page) on
Wed, May 18, 11 at 17:55

Gary's sweet potatoes (Duck Creek Farms) just arrived, and I just have to say how impressed I am! I've ordered from the premium catalogs, like Wayside & White Flower Farms, and I can't say I've ever received plants that look any better than Gary's.

I described my growing conditions for Gary back in February, and asked him to pick for me. I've received a lovely selection and can't wait to grown them. When we corresponded earlier in the week, he said he still has a nice assortment available. I'd encourage anyone who is still thinking about sweet potatoes to order from Gary. I was really impressed with the shipment.

Gary includes nice growing, harvesting and storage guidelines with his orders. Here's a link to a recent thread about what to do when they arrive.

Here is a link that might be useful: My SPs are here, now what?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ooo La Lah! Gary's Sweet Potatoes

Seedmama, I too received Gary's Sweet Potatoes slips yesterday and all ready planted. Slip are very healthy and plenty of roots.

I have received following varieties; Bradshaw/Mahan, 8633, Hernadez, Purplr, Pumpkin yam, Jersey white.
Here is one pic of the slip taken soon after unboxing;

-Chandra

o

Chandra, You take great pictures. I'll be growing Charleston Scarlet, Cherokee, Porto Rico Running, Carogold, Purple, and Bradshaw/Mahon. I couldn't be happier! Don't you know Thanksgiving will be pretty at my house?

o

Those look beautiful! I only wish I had room to plant some. Maybe next year.

Kelly

o

I planted some slips last week from some red jewel that i had started.

I bought the Sweet taters off a truck that had set up here in town.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here