Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
david_74012

I just don't get it...............................

david_74012
11 years ago

I am really dumb as a fence post in a lot of things, but learning to post a picture in these forums is really getting me depressed!!!!!

I want to do it like soonergrandmom in her May 17th post, "a few pics".

I've been to the test forum so many times.

David

Comments (18)

• p_mac
    11 years ago

David - below is a link to an old thread that I think is really helpful. I'm dumb as a door knob when it comes to these things, but I refer back to these instructions if I ever post a pic.

Hope it helps!

Paula

Here is a link that might be useful: How to post a pic

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

David, Don't feel bad, I have done it dozens of times but still had trouble with the size on that one. My problem wasn't GardenWeb, but my source had changed and I didn't realize it was going to give me postage stamp size pics.

To give us all hope.....the website is changing and they have been doing a test on the Cooking forum where you can post a picture that is on your computer instead of needing the intermediate location like Flickr or Photobucket. I haven't tried it yet, but several have and it appears to be working OK except you can't view the completed msg and pic until you post.

David, when all else fails, you can do like I did and put each picture in an individual post. To do it that way, you post it to a photo site, and just grab the link and paste it under the msg where the line says 'Optional Link URL', then in the name link, just give it a name, pick a name, any name, etc.

If you are the first poster on your thread you will not see those two lines until you hit Preview Message the first time. On the second page that comes up, scroll down until you see your entry msg where you can make corrections, etc. and then the URL line will be there and you can add you pic URL and preview again to see if it is there. It isn't exactly user friendly.

Defining an image source and putting your picture in the msg block is a little harder and since that should be changing soon, I am not going to go into that.

• david_74012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok.............I have the pics on Photobucket. Do I choose the Direct Link, HTML Code, or the IMG code?

I want to thank both of you for your quick responses. I am a visual learner so like many others if I see it done I can do it, but these technical terms get me. I will go back to the test forum and try again.

Thanks again,

David

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

David, I don't use Photobucket, but the code for the picture below looks like this.

"http://www.flickr.com/photos/17567246@N07/4788954955/";

without the quote marks of course.

Here is a link that might be useful: Royal Hillbilly from 2010

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

David, I think you have it now....since I saw that naughty, 'totally inadequate' tomato pic you posted. LOL Seedmama and Paula should be along any minute now with their comments. LOL

• david_74012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I was very afraid that tomato would offend. I won't post it on here, but I do want to get the pic posting down for future pictures. *sheepishly smiling*

I am so amazed a tomato could even think of growing like that. What are the chances !!? That just goes to show you tomatoes do, indeed, have a dark side!

But..............INADEQUATE?

David

• OklaMoni
    11 years ago

David, if you use the html code it comes out like this:

{{gwi:1105434}}

and when you preview the picture shows.

Moni

• david_74012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you. Put the HTML in the spot for the URL link? Then in Name of The Link, I can put anything I want there?

Thanks for all the help. I like that house in the picture.

Soonergrandmom that was a good looking batch of tomatoes you have. BMT is what came to mind when I saw them.

David

• MiaOKC
    11 years ago

David, just cut and paste the html code and paste it into the body of the message. Don't need to use the link boxes below. When you preview your message, you should see the actual photo in the message.

• p_mac
    11 years ago

David - all of the above answered you before I could. Yes, put the HTML code in the URL box and then you can name it whatever you want to help other understand what you are intending them to see.

And Carol - thank you for your vote of confidence, but I haven't been able recently to check in here as often as I would like. I MISS MY GARDEN BUDDIES....but I hope to be back and active soon...VERY soon!

Hey - Moni?! Is that the new home? LOVE IT! SO MUCH character!!

Paula

• david_74012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Soonergrandmom, I meant a BLT, not a BMT.

Thanks Mia..........I'll try that later tonight after all office work is done.

• david_74012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here goes another try.....................

{{gwi:1105436}}

• david_74012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my word, it worked.

Thank you to EVERYone. Now lets have a glass of Watermelon Wine.

David

• david_74012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Why is my picture so much larger than Oklamoni's?

David

• soonergrandmom
    11 years ago

You can choose the size while you are in Photobucket.

• MiaOKC
    11 years ago

I usually choose a "medium" size, somewhere in the 500x600 ish pixels range, or else you have a huge pic that you need to scroll side-to-side to see.

• OklaMoni
    11 years ago

David, my picture was small to start out with. I got it off the website, prior to buying the house.

You did it!!! Hope you enjoyed your wine too.

Moni

• david_74012
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much to everyone. It's a pleasure being around such nice, helpful folks. I toast a hearty cheers to you all!

David

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations