Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reedbaize

Prayer Request...

ReedBaize
10 years ago

I hate to burden the board with this knowing that those in Moore and Shawnee have a much worse situation right now, but I'd like to ask that those of you that pray include my family in your prayers.

As some of you may know, I lost my job on Monday. My supervisor fired me and then immediately resigned. Even with the unusual circumstances, my ex-employer isn't going to rehire me. I think that I'm usually very prideful and would never have brought this before the group other than the fact that my 7-month old daughter makes me realize that I may need some help from the man upstairs.

Again, sorry to bother you guys with this but, if you can make room for us in your prayers I would certainly appreciate it.

Comments (23)

• wulfletons
    10 years ago

Of course we will include you. What a difficult thing to go through. I am sorry.

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

Of course Reed, you have my prayers.

• susanlynne48
    10 years ago

Reed, you're definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

we need to see a party pic of that little 7 month old girl.......cough it up, I'm sure it's not that difficult. Wrench our hearts a bit. When children are involved, be it a tornado or a threat to their livelihood, it tears me up. Be strong, Reed, God will provide. When I look back at my life, I've had plenty of hard times. But, I have always had enough....food, shelter, clothing, and above all, love. And as a result, I have never really gone without.....anything

Susan

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is Ms. Catie, for those of you wishing to see a photo.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One more...

• p_mac
    10 years ago

Oh Reed!!! What a Doll BABY!!! I can't cover those precious cheeks with kisses but you can do it for me, ok?

And about that job thing....hang in there. I understand more than I've posted on this board. My DH lost his job in 2009 because of the economy and it was almost 2 years before found employment again...and not in his trained field. He muddled through until August of last year when he again got a job in his training. He was fired in early March of this year. Devastating. It's was a "work place politics" things much the way yours sounds. We are still blessed because my job covers the bills...and then there IS unemployment ...even if they fight you. And there are coupons...and gardens. You have my prayers and support. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if you run into "red-tape". I'm living what you're experiencing and I work in the legal field. I don't have ALL the answers but I'll dig until I find something to help you if I don't have first hand experience.

And to borrow from our own "mullberryknob"....keep your hands in the dirt! (get my drift? when everything you touch turns to.......LOL!)

Paula

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Reed, You know that you and your family are in our prayers here. Tim and I so enjoyed meeting you, Erin and Catie (and I hope I spelled your wife's name right) and I have faith that yall will get through this.

Sometimes what seems to be a terrible setback can be a blessing in disguise. Paula and Ken can be a great example and encouragement to you because they have been through some ups and downs as she described and they just keep on keepin' on, which is what you have to do. Always look ahead and don't look back.

I love the photos of your precious little one and, y'all, I have to state this very clearly: she is even more adorable in person and so perfectly behaved. She is a little angel!

Dawn

• elkwc
    10 years ago

Reed you will be in my thoughts and prayers. My work situation has been up in the air for sometime now. Although I've been assured they are working to create a position for me it hasn't happened yet. Till it happens I won't rest easy. I been the victim of job politics before. Hope you find a job soon. Jay

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

She is ADORABLE!!!

• Macmex
    10 years ago

Reed, you can count on my prayers and those of my family and church. I experienced something like this in 2009. Leaving the meeting, in which I was let go, I was numb, but managed to ask the Lord to provide a job. During the 15 minute drive home, the thought dawned on me to call a friend and ask if he knew of any jobs. He pointed me to NSU custodial and told me who to speak with. I went in the very next day, as they were shutting down for Thanksgiving break, and applied. Within ten days I had a job. Since then I have thanked the Lord for the job and had an ongoing discussion about... pay. But He has supplied by various means. Being let go was one of the most painful experiences of my life, especially since it was so obvious that politics were involved.

Are you planning to stay where you are? What kind of work will you be looking for? I recall you live near OKC. But that's all I remember.

George
    Tahlequah, OK.

• luvabasil
    10 years ago

Many many of us have been the bad side recipient of of the politics.
    We will all storm the prayer chain...and light several candles
    Luvabasil

• shankins123
    10 years ago

Reed,

My immediate thought was in line with Dawn's - sometimes the very "worst" situations happen because there is something even better on the way. I will specifically pray for you and your family - for God's provision for you in the here and now, for resourcefulness, and for that job that is in your future.
    I may have missed it, but in what line of work are you? There may be someone on this board that's looking for YOU right now! :-)

Your Catie is a precious girl - if she's what it takes for you to realize that God loves you and cares about you...that is not a bad thing at all! Hug her extra for me,

Sharon

• soonergrandmom
    10 years ago

I'm sure that Reed will be on to tell us more, but I believe that he is a graduate student working on a doctorate so this could effect his job and his education. I hope he can find work quickly.

In this economy we have learned that ANY work is better than no work, and sometimes we have to work below our level of training and experience just to work past the crisis. I can think of 4 different forum members, or their family members, that have experienced that in just the last few years.

Although I had demanding jobs, I was never stressed by workload, but was stressed by workplace politics. I didn't see much of a problem in my Civil Service years, but once I began working in the private sector, I realized it was alive and well. I left two jobs for that very reason, and one of them was a job I liked.

I always told my children that it was no problem getting along with a perfect person, but the imperfect ones would be a real challenge. LOL

Reed, may God bless you, and give you support in your job search. Try to stay calm.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Update:

Spoke with HR today regarding the circumstances. They allowed me the opportunity to write a letter or resignation to erase the termination. While this will keep me from qualifying for unemployment, it should make getting a job much easier down the road. I had to decide which option was better for my family and, while unemployment would have been nice in the short-term, the long-term choice was resigning. Weird situation nonetheless. They're also going to extend my insurance coverage an extra month and not charge me, which I also thought was unusual. It sounds like they know they messed up and they're trying to make it right. Too bad they can't just rehire me ha ha.

As far as that goes, I've already had several hits on the job search so we'll see how that continues to go.

• bettycbowen
    10 years ago

Reed, in retrospect I'm thankful for every job I ever lost or quit because otherwise I wouldn't be where I am now- happy in a job I love & can be successful in on my own terms. So just keep looking & don't ever ever give up. I think you are right in thinking long-term rather than what would be helpful short-term. That is an attitude that will benefit you in time. Good luck!

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Reed,

Thanks for the update. I believe you are handling this whole situation in a very thoughtful, deliberate manner and admire you for taking the approach that is better for you and your family long-term.

I've always believed that things ultimately work out the way they were meant to work out, and I believe a better opportunity for you is just around the corner.

Keep us posted and, in the meantime, we'll keep praying.

Dawn

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well Dawn, my grandfather always taught me to live accordingly to the following quote:

This is "loosely" quoted, mind you.

"It's better to not engage in battle with feces because, even if you win, you still end up covered in feces."

I don't want to go dragging through the mud and I'm going to bow out gracefully as it is the best thing for my family.

Reed

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

lol

Wise words from a wise man. I'm glad you listened to him.

Dawn

• ponderpaul
    10 years ago

Heavenly Father, Your word declares that You will supply all of our need by Your riches in Christ Jesus. This morning I bless Reed and his family with this promise.
    You also promised us peace, may Reed and his wife have that peace that passes all of our understanding day by day!

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Paul,

Thank you so much for the prayer. At this time something as simple as words can bring me to full tears. You guys are so nice and we just appreciate it so much.

Reed

• shankins123
    10 years ago

Reed,

While you guys are waiting for your new job, please do let us know if you need anything - let us put hands and feet to our prayers if need be :-)

Sharon

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

oh I miss the FB "like" button :) Yes, please let us know what we can do!

• chickencoupe
    10 years ago

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. Will keep you in our prayers !! She is such a baby doll! (and deserve the bestust!)

Bonnie

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA