Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
After 40 days, the fence is DONE

Posted by joellenh 6b Jenks (My Page) on
Sat, May 7, 11 at 18:33

THANK YOU Dody and Kelley and all you Okie gardeners. Your help, support, and company kept me going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoy6PaI8moc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoy6PaI8moc

Just over 200 feet...so we averaged five feet per day. I still need to do a few odds and ends (remove old chicken wire fence, mulch a littlle bit more with cardboard/straw).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, I REALLY need a shower. PU.

Jo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: After 40 days, the fence is DONE

Jo,

OOOOOHHH! I'm squealing with delight! It is magnificent, marvelous and every other wonderful thing I can't think of the words to describe.

If your fence were a tomato, it would be a Brandywine. A big, thick, delicious, luscious, perfect, best-tasting-tomato-in-the-world Brandywine.

You did it! You not only saw a fence that you thought was "so cute" but you also felt inspired by it and adapted the design to fit your garden. Then, you developed a plan and put it into action. Look at what you did. It is simply amazing.

Now, give Kelley and Dody the day off tomorrow because it is Mother's Day and y'all have earned the right to sit around eating bon-bons and patting one another on the back.

So, what's the next dream project?

Dawn

o

Gorgeous!

Kelly

o

It is a Gorgeous Fence Jo!!!! with that Garden looks so beautiful! -Chandra

o

What a beautiful fence. And those are some terrific square foot beds. You guys did an awesome job.

Sandy

o

I love it! It looks quite cheerful.

o

Perfect!

o

It's beautiful!!!! You did a great job!

o

Wonderful!!

(I kept looking for the "like" button as if we were on Facebook. Doh.)

Diane

o

Great job, your kids will remember you doing fun things like this for them!!

o

Beautiful!! I really love the towers and posts that match. When someone says potager, I usually think of a garden that's classy, attractive and useful. Your garden is all of that.

Loretta

o

Jo - not only is that just the most charming garden fencing I've EVER seen, but I strongly suspect you increased your equity - not to mention "curb appeal". You're one smart gal!

Paula

o

Job well done!!! And I'm very envious of that beautiful garden too.

Suzie

o

It's beautiful, and I really love how you painted the trellises (trateurs? - help me here) to match the green in the fence. Love them! It would almost be a shame to cover them up with plants, but I know that's almost sacrilege to even say! I'm trying to say that I love the fence, and appreciate all the work it took to get it done. Makes me tired just thinking about it all.
Carol

o

This is eye candy worthy of "Clippings". A real upper to refer back to on a down day! Great job!

o

I LOVE your fence!!!! and THANK YOU for giving me your old fence materials. I got my trellises up today and my tomatoes are so happy now. :)

o

Beautiful! What a cheery location to garden in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here