Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bettycbowen

Painted my T-posts last night

bettycbowen
10 years ago

Having green & brown & reddish posts was bugging me so I painted them all blue-violet yesterday. And the bird feeder post, and the wire obelisk in the center and a flower pot stand.

Comments (10)

• slowpoke_gardener
    10 years ago

They look very nice. I need to do the same thing. I bought 10 new green ones a few days ago and have 25 or 30 used ones, both red and green that look pretty rough. I have 4 that I dropped a piece of 1.5" PVC over and installed solar lights that looks pretty nice.

Larry

• momofsteelex3
    10 years ago

They look pretty! I think you have inspired me to paint mine!

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Betty, That is one of my favorite colors, and the posts do look so very good in that color. Most of my steel posts are already in the garden staking tomato cages and trellises, but I may paint them in the off-season before planting time next spring. They all are various shades of green from very dark to a much lighter faded green, depending on the age of the T-posts.

I love that shade of blue. I have garden pots and accessories painted a very similar shade. I think it looks gorgeous with every other color in the garden, and blue is not a real easy flower color to keep going all summer long here, other than with salvias and Heavenly Blue morning glories. I always plant some lobelias in the spring just to have some blue in the garden. The lobelias tend to burn up once the really hot weather arrives, but I enjoy their blue color for as long as it lasts.

I love adding color to the garden via various decorative items, but I have to be careful about adding too many colors or it looks too jumbled. So, the new back garden has some blue accents while the new garden north of the garage has plum purple ones, and will have even more once I finally get it finished.

Dawn

• bettycbowen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks guys, Dawn I first was going to paint them green but in glad I found this can in the garage. I will be civilized & paint the others before I put them up, not like I did these!

Larry, I'd like to see a picture of the PVC-solar light posts. If you do, I'll post the solar garden lantern I made!

• slowpoke_gardener
    10 years ago

Betty, here is an old picture, lights still look the same, just different plants around them now.

Larry

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Betty, You don't have to be civilized and paint them before you put them in the ground, you know. : ) All that matters is that they are painted.

Larry, I forgot to say that I love your lights. That is an idea worth copying!

Dawn

• bettycbowen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Larry that looks great! Here is mine. I keep it on the corner of the deck in case I have to go down those steps at night. We're cleaning the deck so everything is off in the yard today. I made the raku part by wrapping clay around an oatmeal box covered in plastic wrap, and, obviously, cut out holes with a knife.

Raku, just in case, is clay that is fired once in the kiln, glazed, then fired again outdoors then placed, while glowing hot, in a pile (metal trash can) of combustible materials (newspaper) until cool. The combustibles affect the colors of the glazes & exposed clay usually turns black. It's not supposed to be weatherproof, but this has been outside for three years.

• slowpoke_gardener
    10 years ago

Betty, that is beautiful, and it shows you have great talent.

• slowpoke_gardener
    10 years ago

Betty, that is beautiful, and it shows you have great talent.