Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Tornado Warning--Marshall, Johnston, Carter

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
10 years ago

KXII believes tornado on ground west of TIsh and Mannsville.

Text of warning linked.

Here is a link that might be useful: Warning Text

Comments (4)

• Pamchesbay
    10 years ago

I hope you are sending these alerts from your storm cellar. WU shows rough stuff in your 'hood.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pam, lol I am sitting on LR sofa right now. Storm Cellar directly out back door and 15-20 feet away. Been there twice so far. May go again. Now a Severe Thunderstorm warning for western portion of our county not us.

In other silly news, my portion of Love County sticks down into Cooke County TX like a finger. Cooke County has a Severe Thunderstorm Warning, but we do not.I guess the storm will stop when it reaches the river.

I am watching local TV and radar, and am listening to firefighter/storm spotters on fire radio. They will alert me first because they are closer to current cell in than I am here in Shady Dale. Thackerville may get hit hard but I am several miles north.

All I want (pretty pretty please) is rain and no hail.

Suspect I will get hail and not rain or both.

I'm okay. Watching very closely. Chris is out in yard watching. Tim is at VFD station waiting to sound sirens again if needed.

My heart is shattered into a billion pieces for all the people of Moore and other areas that have been hit.I just feel sick about it.

Thanks for caring and for the warning.

TWC reporting ME confirms 10 fatalities in central OK so far today.

Dawn

• Pamchesbay
    10 years ago

What a woman! You are a one-person weather / emergency alert ctr for OK and beyond.

After reading your alert, I had TWC on. Saw massive size of tornado just before it came down west of Moore - when it had a "debris ball 2 miles wide." As that photo came up, one of reporters lost her cool for a few sec, paused, then in shaky voice said softly, "OMG."

At that point, I knew this was going to be real bad.

With info coming from all sides - TWC, NWC, WU, and Dawn on the OK Gardening forum - was feeling kind of desperate and helpless. When I realized what was about to happen, sent a text to friend who lives south side of OKC. She was in a car, driving to a meeting, didn't know what was happening til she got the text.

Short time after, she sent this:
    "All the kids were still in school. Big tornado went right beside my grandson's school but did not hit them. Then it went near my other grandson's high school, missed him too. All the kids were inside in safe rooms. Larry ( husband) went to the cellar - it came to between 149and 134. Too close. Thanks for worrying about us!!"

What a day. I need a drink! I'll bet you do too. And I live 1,500 miles from OK! Ain't empathy great?

Thanks for everything!

Pam

• Pamchesbay
    10 years ago

Half dozen mesocyclone sigs over your neck of the woods. Nice quiet evening in OK.