Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasranger10

storing & posting photos

TexasRanger10
9 years ago

I used to have pictures on Photobucket & could just download them on GW. After not using it for many months, I went back & find I can't get my account up or even the site for that matter, it pops up then the whole page goes white. Do you have to pay to be on this now or did it go defunct?

My question is who do ya'll recommend as a place to store photos so you can download them on GW without having to make a new post for every single photo? Preferably for free (of course).

Comments (7)

• slowpoke_gardener
    9 years ago

I use photobucket at no cost. I think the size of the file has something to do with how many you can post at one time.
    I am sorry I know so little about posting, but there are a few on here that are really sharp on picture and just about anything else.

• OklaMoni
    9 years ago

I use photo bucket all the time for the pictures I post. No problem with mine.

Just for you, I uploaded the following pictures just now. First went to PB, and then clicked on my library.
    uploaded to the folder I wanted to use, and here are the pictures.

I use the html tag, and put it one at the time here in the message. First picture is of my iris

the following pictures are of my daughters back yard make over.

• Lisa_H OK
    9 years ago

I use photobucket too. I got it way back when. I go through spurts of using it...but it is the easiest way to post pics here. I might have thought they deactivated your Acct if it had been a long time..but mine still works.

Check the way you log in...they "improved" it. *eyeroll*

If you have a smartphone...you can download a photobucket app

• TexasRanger10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think I'm too tired right now to plow through this stuff but I did find this page about others having difficulty. "New & Improved" ---- am I the only person getting real tired of things constantly being improved? Remember when TV's just had "on" "off" switches an a channel knob? Now you need a thick instruction book.

When I pull the photo "bucket" up, its there for a flash, then the whole page goes white & blank.

Smartphone?????? Heck, I don't even have a cell phone. No twitterin or tweetin' here.

• TexasRanger10
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oklamoni, it just hit me, that must be Okievegans backyard? She's your daughter right? Those iris are gorgeous! and thats a cute idea in her back yard. Its wonderful that you both are interested in gardening. My mother in law used to be my best gardening pal in the world until she died. Its a great thing to share, none of her daughters or sons were into it so we had that special bond together.

• okievegan
    9 years ago

Yep, that's me. My back garden is set up that way because I don't want my dog to have full choice on what constitutes a toilet area, but I still want her to be able to wander around looking and sniffing. It looks better today because I finally got the mulch in.

• Lisa_H OK
    9 years ago

No cell phone??? I thought I was the last hold out on a smart phone :) I got a cell phone years and years ago now!

I don't love, love my smartphone NOR do I love the bill, but I do like the ease of posting the photos.

(I am an avid facebooker, but I can't find a love for twitter.)