Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snake story

Posted by lisa_h 7 OK (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 20:48

fortunately not mine! and not in OK!! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: 15 foot black snake

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snake story

Lisa, Well that is creepy. I guarantee you if I saw a snake that size in my yard, I'd either pass out from the shock of it or would have a heart attack. Yikes!

When I clicked on this thread, I was relieved that the first ones I read were "fortunately not mine".

Earlier this week, I had another small snake in the garden. I'm seeing many more so much earlier than usual. I don't know necessarily think that means there is more of them, but rather maybe just that they are more active earlier because it warmed up earlier.

Dawn

o

wow that is huge snake!! That guy is really daring and not vacated the house even the monster loosely roaming in the backyard.

o

I'm pretty sure I would start to cry quietly if I saw that. What would I do? I have no idea... would I take pictures? I dunno.. Would I call 911? You bet! Pretty sure that would qualify as a hazard to public safety.
Brenda

o

Brenda, He did call for help and no one would help him....it is a natural animal in its natural habitat...blah, blah, blah...they said. I understand that, but who wants a snake that big in their yard?

Here where I live, everyone who finds a big snake near their house or barn tends to shoot that sucker, especially if they have poultry or small animals.

Dawn

o

People keep exotic reptiles and sometimes they get loose. If it really is that big it might be something other than a black snake. If it is a black snake I would think it would be a curiosity and of interest for display. I don't hurt blacksnakes but I wouldn't want one that big around. I have tangled with them on my porch when they were after swallows over my porch light. They don't run away but get very nasty when you try to chase them with a broom. I would not want a three year old meeting up with it. I was scared by a snake when I was four and remember thinking every little hole in the ground had a snake hiding in it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here