Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reedbaize

Finished planting out today...

ReedBaize
10 years ago

I'm growing three kinds of cucumbers this year. I'll have Straight Eights, Poona Kheera and Armenian. These are the Armenian cucumber seedlings.

Comments (14)

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You can see my corn plants in the back half of the garden. I'm growing Trucker's Favorite - White this year. It's a non-sweet field corn. I prefer it over sweet corn.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

These are Florida High Bush eggplants. The little one on the end doesn't look so good but they should be okay.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is my lettuce bed. We've been eating fresh salad regularly. I've got Yugoslavian Red Bibb, Amish Deer Tongue, Bronze Arrowhead, Susan's Red Bibb, Forellenschluss and also some radicchio. There is also a Late Flat Dutch cabbage on the right.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the front end of the garden. In the front are some Burpee's Best Cabbage. It's a hybrid I don't know much about but it had good reviews. On the end of that row is a Chiltepin pepper plant and two Bhut Jolokia (ghost chili) pepper plants. Behind that is an assortment of hot and sweet peppers. There are also a few bell peppers in there.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm growing several kinds of radishes. This is them in the center. They are French Breakfast, Black Spanish Round, Black Spanish Long, Long Scarlet, Early Scarlet, White Icicle, White Hailstone, Chinese Green Luobo, Chinese Red Meat, China Rose, and Purple Plum. There are also some Scarlet Nantes carrots, Purple Top White Globe turnips, Red Round Turnips, Hollow Crown Parsnips and Detroit Red Beets in there as well.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

First tomatoes of the season. These are Terrenzo F1s and they are looking pretty.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the other side of the house. I've got six tomato plants in the front, some Brussels sprouts behind them and then some potatoes at the end.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

These are the tomatoes down the fence. Some are varying heights thanks to our hailstorm, which required me to replace several plants. These are beginning to put on fruit as well. All total I'm at 48 tomato plants.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I should also mention that these shots were taken at dusk, so the shade isn't normally as bad.

• slowpoke_gardener
    10 years ago

The plant looks very nice.

I will grow the Armenian but have not started seeds. My neighbor may give me a plant or two of what ever he is growing.

I seem to be running behind on most planting. I have 18 sweet potatoes, 18 tomatoes, 18 peppers and planted about 150 corn seeds. I also have potatoes, Cole crops and onions. If I dont get on the ball I may as well start planting my fall garden.

Larry

• okievegan
    10 years ago

OOooh.......dangerous pics to post when there is a vegan in the same city as you. Be sure to never let me know where you live. *envious and hungry*

• seeker1122
    10 years ago

Beautiful gardens.
    Where do you get all that straw? I need mulch really bad.
    I only live 30 miles west of you. The straw around here is covered in too much poison. Your help would be much appreciated.

• wbonesteel
    10 years ago

That's the idea, Reed! Get every square inch of ground into production!

Looking good, there.

• ReedBaize
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Seeker,

I got the straw here at Circle E Farm and Ranch Store here in Edmond. It's very nice wheat straw but the only issue is that I now have wheat coming up everywhere. I figure that the summer heat will take care of that.

Reed

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH