Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

bug bite or sting

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
12 years ago

What could be an insect (bug or spider) that would start stinging or biting, and would continue stinging or biting until I got inside, but I never felt it going up my leg.

I have had this in the past, and wonder what it is. The injury is a welt that measures 3/4 inch diameter. Whatever it was made it to the top back of my leg near elastic before it began biting. It is a decent red color and is somewhat swollen. The itching is awful.

My guesses are fire ant or chiggars. (chigger) There is only one welt and when I felt it, I tried to grab it through my pants, but never was able to feel what it was, and could not stop the stinging. (That lets out a blister beetle.)

It felt about like a mosquito bite, but continued biting. When I looked for bites online earlier today, I couldn't tell what it could be.

Do any of you have a guess? I was wearing capri pants, so it really traveled. I knew I should have worn my boots and sprayed them with Off before I went into that area. It was not that weedy, but I saw many ants and other critters.

Are any of you good with bugs? It really itches.

Sammy

Comments (4)

Sponsored
SparkWise Electric (aka Max Electric)
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Expert Electricians for Electric Service and Lighting