Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apple tree help

Posted by dawnrenee (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 14 at 23:36

Hello! My young (2 yr old) apple trees are losing all of their leaves. The leaves have brown/copper colored spots. They curl up and fall off. I emailed Stark Bros. for info, but have not heard back. I appreciate any advice you can give. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apple tree help

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Sat, May 24, 14 at 7:41

Cross post this in the fruit and orchard forum. They'll get you some.good info. Also pictures are always the best way to get help.

Mike

o

I agree with Mike. Apples get lots of foliar diseases in our climate and without a photo, we'd just be guessing. You also could Google Cedar Apple Rust and Apple Scab and see if the leaf lesions that occur with those diseases happen to resemble what you're seeing on your apple tree foliage.

o

Do you have any cedar trees? Mine did that when it had a disease spread by cedars. I pulled the cedar and the tree recovered.
I think I also sprayed it with Bordeaux solution.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here