Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

nymphs, larva, box elder???

My bugs again. I took a picture of them, loaded it on my computer, and it is connected to nothing. We switched from Vista to Microsoft 7 last spring, ended up with a Trojan, I bought a new laptop, and have not had time to set it up.

Now, I have retired from teaching for 31 years with only 3 hours to go on Monday. The garden's neglect, and the bugs are really bothering me.

My neighbor said the bugs are nymphs. He showed me how he could say the word, "nymph" and would get a picture of it on his phone. He couldn't make it work.

At this time the nymphs, larva stage of my bug has reached the walls of my home. I have not used a spray for years and years, but with these all around the base of our walls, I got mad and sprayed some old Raid. Of course it killed them, but did not stop them. I did this right before the rain.

Last night they were back. I poured Maxforce granules around the base of the south facing and west facing walls.

I keep the Maxforce for ants, so I do not want to destroy it with soapy water.

I intended to mix together some soapy water, and keep it with me to put on the things whenever and wherever I saw them today.

I have had considerable loss in my rose garden this year. I did not water when I should have, and did not water this spring. The weeds and debris have really gotten to me. I have to set priorities, and the front of the house had to come before anything in the back.

Therefore, the piles of rose clippings, tall weeds piles, crape myrtle canes, etc. are everywhere and good hiding places for these bugs.

I think they are probably box elder bugs headed for my neighbor's tree.

I guess my biggest question is: Will soapy water destroy the effects of Maxforce ant bait? I still do not want an infestation of ants, yet I want to stop the bugs. I have light outside now, and am not sure what I will do, or what I will see when I get out there.

I have about 150 antique rose bushes, and managed to cut them all a couple of months ago, but the piles and piles of thorny canes seem to be never ending. I do not want to purchase or use an insecticide and hope soapy water will kill them.

I would really appreciate any suggestions. (My pictures came through the upgrade, but I cannot get new ones to connect to the old.)

Sammy

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets