Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what kind of day lilly is this?

Posted by OklaMoni 7A (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 11:13

Anyone know the name?

I lost the tag when I moved it... and it is blooming now, and ever so tasty.

Photobucket

Moni

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what kind of day lilly is this?

There are thousands of day lilies. Do you have any lists of ones you've ordered or know the companies you ordered from. Do remember where you got the plant? Without some clues it is impossible to say. It looks a little like Lusty Leland but that is a taller plant.

o

I dug the plant out of Loretta's yard. the Loretta that used to do gardening columns in the Daily Oklahoman.

Moni

o

Moni, I agree with Helen that since there are thousands and thousands of named daylilies, it is unlikely any one of us would look at that one and know its name.

You might try posting this at the daylily forum. One of the avid daylily growers there might be able to ID it.

I miss Loretta's gardening columns!

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Daylily Forum

o

Dawn, when Loretta was in a nursing home, I helped a couple of MG's to clean up the yard for the sale of the house. That is when I got the day lilly.

If I hadn't moved... and hadn't had the plant farmed out at my daughters... I would know which one it is.

I miss Loretta too.

Moni

o

Is it little business?

o

Moni,

I know you will treasure it because it came from Loretta's yard. When all is said and done, if you never figure out its real name, it still always will be "Loretta's Daylily".

Dawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here