Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharpie Industrial 12 pack (for plant markers) $8.14

Posted by joellenh 6b Jenks (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 3, 11 at 13:35

This is nearly half price and winds up being just under 68 cents each (they are usually over a buck a pop). I use these for plant markers and they last all season....much longer than regular Sharpies.

Here is a link that might be useful: sharpie sale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharpie Industrial 12 pack (for plant markers) $8.14

I use metal tags. One year I thought that the sharpies would work far better than the pencil that came with the tags. Huge mistake. Everything washed off. The pencils (possibly wax) worked far better.

What kind of tags do you use?

Sammy

o

I write directly on the raised beds or on stainless plant markers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jo

o

I think they've changed the formulation of Sharpies in recent years. I used to use them and they'd last at least a season in the Oklahoma sun. Then, the past couple of years, not so. I never knew there were industrial ones. Thanks!

Ilene sent me some wonderful grease pencils and I'm using those now on mini-blind markers -- and loving them! But I still need to buy some fo those industrial sharpies for writing on my construction tape labels.

Oh, and I'm also experimenting with embossing metal tags I've made from pop cans hubby brings home from work.

I might be obsessed with labels?

Diane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here