Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Medicine Park Fire-Dawn

Posted by tracydr 9b (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 15:18

I noticed that the command post for the Medicine Park fire has been set up at the intersection of Hwy 58 and 4Mile road. That's good news for me, since I used to live right at that intersection, just up the hill in the log home. I guess that means all the neighbors down to TackleBox road are still ok.
I was wondering if you keep me posted if the fire jumps the roads and starts burning that section. I'm sort of emotionally attached to that log home and have several friends in the area whom I've lost touch with.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Medicine Park Fire-Dawn

Tracey,

I'll do my best. I'll watch the news reports and see what I can glean from them later this afternoon.

We have several forum members who live near Lawton, although some of them don't post here very often.

I hope they're alright.

That's one of my favorite parts of the state---I love how wild and rugged the area is. (sigh) Wild and rugged is hard on firefighters.

There are fires everywhere today including near Shawnee. I am afraid this is just the beginning.

Dawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here