Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thurs, 6-16, Severe TStorm Watch for NE OK

Posted by okiedawn Z7 OK (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 11 at 15:51

The NWS has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for some counties in northeastern Oklahoma and adjacent states.

The Severe Thunderstorm Watch is in effect until 7 p.m.

Details are available on the linked webpage from the Tulsa office of the NWS.

Here is a link that might be useful: Webpage of Tulsa Office of the NWS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thurs, 6-16, Severe TStorm Watch for NE OK

I got a little nervous after hearing the forecast around noon and moved a few things under cover that are in containers, but no harm done here. We had light rain for awhile and some gusty winds, but not a significant weather event. My son, north of Bartlesville, said he lost a pear tree.

Our biggest loss for the day was that ODOT declared the bridge on our road a hazard and detoured the traffic around it. That means either gravel roads for us or eight additional miles to town. I guess it was damaged by the huge rains we had earlier this year. I don't leave home very much so I guess I will just drive the extra miles.

All of our storms have passed but I can see another one in Kansas. I haven't watched it enough to see which way it is traveling but it appears to be about the same spot the other one was this morning.

o
RE: Thurs, 6-16, Severe TStorm Watch for NE OK2

One more thing.....A 5:30 PM it was 70 degrees. I have an outside clock and therometer and I took a picture so you guys would believe it was true. I thought you would probably say I took it at 5:30 AM, but I didn't. Of course, my stupid computer problem kept me from getting it from my camera. I may have to give up and take my computer in.

70 degrees....do you believe it? LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here