Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Prayers Answered: Reed Starts A New Job Monday

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
10 years ago

As many of our forum members know, Reed lost his job a few weeks ago. Forum members here were quick to respond with encouraging words and with prayers.

This afternoon, Reed asked me to share with you all the very good news that he has a new job, which he begins on Monday. He especially wanted me to thank everyone here for being so kind, caring and compassionate during this difficult period. He so appreciates all the encouragement and support.

I'll leave all the details of the new job for Reed to share with y'all later. Being a wise man, he cancelled his internet service when he lost his job and they needed to tighten up the budget for a while until he had found another job. As soon as he is able, he'll be back here to engage in garden chat.

Once again, on Reed's behalf, thank you all for the many kind words and the compassionate support. They meant so much to him.

The folks here are the best!

Dawn

Comments (13)

• chickencoupe
    10 years ago

Yesssss!

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

Yay!!! Congratulations Reed (and family!)

Lisa

• luvabasil
    10 years ago

Congratulations to Reed!

• slowpoke_gardener
    10 years ago

This is wonderful news

• p_mac
    10 years ago

This is the week of WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Please pass along to Reed that we are so very happy for him!

(My DH got a new job in his field this week too and he started yesterday!)

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Paula,

That is terrific news about Ken's new job! I'm so happy for him and for you too. Please tell him congratulations from Tim and I. What a wonderful week this has been for everyone looking for jobs. I'm so glad. After a couple of weeks of wicked weather, we needed something happy to cheer about!

Dawn

• Macmex
    10 years ago

Prayers answered! Great news on two fronts.

George

• luvncannin
    10 years ago

YAY!!! I was just thinking about Reed that I hadn't seen any updates from him. Glad to hear all is well. I look forward to him getting on and letting us catch up
    kim

• ReedBaize
    10 years ago

Thank you guys for all of your support and prayers. I was fortunate to receive a management position with Family Dollar Corporation. To sum it up, the benefits and pay are substantially better and the opportunity for advancement is much higher. I am so excited I may not sleep tonight. Thank you all so much. As I am using my phone I won't be posting much but I just wanted to thank everyone.

• p_mac
    10 years ago

Reed - sounds like you've deserving earned a position with a solid company. Great news!!! My DH's is a similar thing. LIke Dawn said - after all Oklahoma has experienced in the last several weeks....we ALL need some good news.

And on top of all this, ya wanna hear some really funny stuff? We had to have our roof replaced after the Shawnee/Bethel Acres storm. We had really LARGE hail. We found a great roofing company that did a superb job and their guarantee was better than all the rest. They included a bid for our guttering...which we told them we had to delay due to other repairs needed that weren't storm related. All this happened this week but there were some breaks in communication because as of Friday nite - we discovered we had new guttering on both sides of our BARN/GARAGE!!!!! Not what was bid or what we asked for but it's there. Our roofer told us to enjoy the free guttering.

And then we went to Sam's yesterday. Hubby dropped me off at the door and then went to park. Shortly, he called me on the cell to ask if I wanted a FREE tropical hibiscus. Duh? Yes! Well, we ended up with 2....and all they needed was some water and a pot big enough to let their roots spread. One even opened a bloom today!

So this week, DH got a new job...we got new, FREE guttering on our garage...and we scored 2 free pretty hibiscus. Is this a great State or what?

Paula

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Reed, Once again, congratulations! We are so happy for you and Tim wanted me to be sure to tell you congratulations from him too. I hope you can sleep tonight because you'll be a busy man tomorrow.

Paula, Woo hoo! After all that you and your extended family went through with both the Norman-to-Shawnee severe thunderstorms and tornado, and then the Moore tornado a few days later, y'all deserve to have some happy surprises too, you know. With the luck y'all are having this past week, maybe you ought to buy a lottery ticket or two.

The sunshine always follows the rain, you know, and we see that happening with all the good news lately. Our gray skies are sunny again....literally and figuratively.

Dawn

• ReedBaize
    10 years ago

Thank you guys for all your prayers and well wishes. I won't say much about the new job other than the fact that the pay and benefits are significantly better than my previous job and I will be serving at my own boss in a management position in a national company. Thank you guys so much for all your concerns and thoughts. It was nice to have the support of this group in such a troubling time. Thanks again.

• shankins123
    10 years ago

I'm a little late with the congratulations, having just seen this happy news....but...
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    I'm glad we could all encourage you and pray for you through this - you know we would have kept it up if it had taken longer, but...YAY! It didn't :-)
    (I'm happy for the freebies and other new employment...we DID need a good-news week!)

Sharon

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting