Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Siberian Tiger - Mark McCaslin

Posted by ReedBaize Hamilton, TX (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 17:11

So, I was fortunate enough to get some of the Siberian Tiger seeds a few years ago. I know that Mark McCaslin wasn't comfortable enough with their stability at that time but, as you can see, they are doing quite well. They hadn't shown any anthocyanin striations until recently as I'd let my plants sprawl and they were under the foliage. Two days ago I staked them and, since being exposed to the sun, they've begun to stripe up. Below are the pictures.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Siberian Tiger - Mark McCaslin

Another...

o

One more...

o
Finished product should look like this...

Finished product should resemble this.

o

Beautiful! Do they taste as good as they look?

o

Anthocyanin really starting to show up now.

o

Having to pull them early thanks to pesky Mockingbirds. This is the Siberian Tiger beginning to blush.

o

There's nothing with picking them early. It saves them not only from the mockingbirds, but the tomato fruitworms, leaf-footed bugs and stink bugs.

I can't get anyone I know to eat the blue tomatoes. They are convinced the portions that remain blue (really, it is purplish) are somehow rotten or bad. I grow Indigo Rose as a novelty, but it really isn't worth the space it occupies other than to wow people with its blue tones.

o

Dawn, this one is pretty good. Lots of production and good taste.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here