Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pretty stuff

Posted by mulberryknob z6OK (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 23, 13 at 20:16

This was supposed to be black, but I like it fine as is.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pretty stuff

Gorgeous

o

Those are pretty.

Today, I collected my first hollyhock seeds. Now, if they've all been pollinated, by this time next year we'll have more hollyhocks than we know what to do with.

o

These are gorgeous.

Grown from seed? Regardless - good job!

o

My uncle dug it up as a seedling a year ago from under one of his black ones, but he also had red, so obviously a cross. I had lots year before last but for some reason mine didn't reseed.

o

I have grown some peach ones that were doubles I think. They didn't reseed very good either. Those are beautiful

o

I have grown some peach ones that were doubles I think. They didn't reseed very good either. Those are beautiful

o

The only seeds I have planted here were black and pink. This year I have pink and dark maroon. The maroon came up in the grass in a very inconvenient place, but I didn't get them moved so we are just walking around them and enjoying the new color.

o

ooooh, very pretty! I had a dark maroon one show up this year too! ...and like Soongergrandmom, in a not very convenient spot! :) I spent an evening last week taking pics of my holly hocks. They just really caught my attention.

o

All the hollyhocks look great. They are one of my favorite flowers.

Dorothy, Some years I find some sort of little weevil type pests in my hollyhock and hardy hibiscus seed heads and if those pests get to the seed heads before I harvest some seeds, then I don't have volunteers this next year. They are the reason I harvest seed from those plants instead of relying on them to self-sow. I don't see those bugs every year though---but see them about every other year.

Dawn

o

Thanks for the tip, Dawn. I will harvest the seeds this year. Promised a friend some, so I have to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here