Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

Now, this vine I planted on purpose!!!

OklaMoni
10 years ago

and I am mighty pleased and happy!

:)

Actually, it is two vines, Grape Vines that is. Right after I bought my house, I bought the grapes, and planted them. I am in AWE, that they are loaded like they are. Hope, they taste yummy. Guess I better find the labels, to remember what I have. :)

Moni

Comments (12)

• Lisa_H OK
    10 years ago

OOOHH, those look GREAT!!! Congratulations!

• okievegan
    10 years ago

Your daughter likes grapes....

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think, she likes marzipan too... but hasn't showed up for that yet either... LOL

• borderokie
    10 years ago

I have been contemplating grapes. We have some left at the greenhouse and they have grape bunches hanging on them. Every time I water them they call my name. I looked at the osu info on grapes. I hate that site. I have the hardest time finding anything I want on there. Most of what I found was for wine making. So what kind do you guys recommend. There is venus reliance and one that just says blue. I know nothing about pruning them either. Did you have to prune those on the trellis or just let them go

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I wish, I knew where the labels are. I have no idea how they will taste...

Pruning... well, I know, how much pruning you can do, and I know, my uncle would be very disappointed in my pruning... but I planted them mostly for shade. Grapes are a bonus.

I must have pruned them good after all. ;)

I grew up with grapes. I come from wine country in Germany. Played in the winery from grandpa all the time.

Moni

• mulberryknob
    10 years ago

Wow, they look great!! We have a grape vine on a fence that bore some for the first time last year and is loaded this year but not so far along. Do you spray with anything? We sprayed once with Neem last year and still had some brown rot on the grapes. So started a bit earlier this year and have sprayed twice. May do it one more time. We will also throw the bird netting over soon as last years the bluejays ate way too many. I don't know what ours is either except they were a reddish purple and seedless when ripe.

• OklaMoni
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nope, no spray. I really don't like to spray much in the yard. I prefer to eat right off the plant.

Moni

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Moni, That looks so beautiful on your arbor, but you'd better watch out....Okievegan may sneak over there and pick grapes and eat them while you're out riding your bike one day. : )

I have a grapevine growing (and producing grapes) on the little entry arbor in my big garden. I didn't plant it. The birds did. So, of course, it is a sour wild grape that isn't fit for human consumption as a table grape. I just leave the grapes there for the birds to eat.

Dawn

• seeker1122
    10 years ago

I wanted an arbor like that for years over my deck.
    I come home from work and he's welding a metal roof over it.
    He gets fire walls for free in the oilfield. So no arbor but can't complain about free.
    Your pics are beautiful and the grapes look good.
    Tree

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

WOW those grapes are pretty!!! Yum

• sorie6 zone 6b
    10 years ago

Did you ever figure out the name of those? DS had a vine like that in Colo and the white grapes were seedless and very sweet. I'd love to find them and give him a vine.

This post was edited by sorie6 on Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 11:40

• chickencoupe
    10 years ago

That is AWESOME. Congratulations!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?