Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Edmond garden kitty!

Posted by c1nicolei 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 21:57

We have developed a stray cat population that is thriving on the woods near our property. I have managed, with the help of the Edmond Cat Coalition, to TNR (trap/ neuter/release) all that I have come across. Most are feral but one beautiful X-Tom has become VERY friendly, almost to a fatal flaw. Anytime I am gardening he tries to come into my yard to get attention and loved on He loves sitting in your lap! Back to the fatal flaw; my dogs recently viscously attacked him. I rushed kitty to the vet. The vet named him Champ because he was shocked he survived. Champ still tries to come into my yard and even my home knowing the canine danger that lurks within. If any of you are looking for a VERY sweet, neutered male cat that has had his rabies shot, PLEASE let me know. He seems to be fully litter trained as during his recovery time he used a litter box in the garage without accident. MY cat genius friend said he would make a great indoor cat. I am terrified he will end up being killed by my dogs. If anyone is looking for a talkative, sweet, affectionate house kitty, please let me know. I am not bothered by him in the least, I just couldn't stand him being attacked again!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Edmond garden kitty!

I wish you luck in finding a home for the cat. I am in your situation with three large golden retrievers, and I live in the city.

I used to be in an aerobics class with a woman who lived in the country. She used to talk about all the people who would drive out to the country to dump dogs. She would try to clean them up, and sell them. She said people would more willingly pay $10.00 for an animal than to get one for free. (I am afraid that this does not apply to cats as much as dogs.) I wish you luck.

Sammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here