Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jay, Rain?

Posted by lisa_h 7 OK (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 22:26

Jay, I am not exactly sure where you are, but it looks like there's an awful lot of rain up that direction. I hope you are getting some!

Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jay, Rain?

No Lisa,
It went north of us. Then a smaller one split off and went south. All we got was the wind. And it is still blowing. Trying to do some planting. A real hassle with the wind. My sister called and was in heavy rain 70 miles or so north of us. I'm guessing it got to within about twenty miles to the north of us. Not sure. Jay

o

Jay,

You must be back in the doughnut hole again!

Your sister's county had a tornado warning, but it wasn't close to her city, I don't think....if she's near Guymon. It was further north than that.

If it makes you feel better, I'm not getting any rain here and the grass fires are really picking up here the last 3 or 4 days. I don't think Lisa's getting rain either, are you Lisa?

Dawn

o

Dawn, we did get almost an inch today. It was wonderful. My flowers drank it up.

Jay, I am so sorry, I was so excited when I saw the radar, I was just sure you were finally getting some.

o

Lisa, Lucky you! We haven't had rain in ages.

It doesn't rain where Jay lives. Not ever. Well, hardly ever. I'm starting to think that all the plants he grows are mirages and aren't even real. How can real plants grow on such little rain? I think Jay is out creating sand sculptures from the hard, dried soil and then painting them green so we'll think that plants can survive and grow there on 3 inches of rain per year. : )

o

I know what you're imagining, Dawn. I thought the same as Lisa today when I was looking at the radar...but I'm afraid that the "dough-nut hole" may need to be actually put on the logistics map...because it sure seems it's way too real.

I'm sure Jay has thought the same as many of us... as in "how the Heck does it rain every where around me but not one drop in my space???".

I'm happy to report that here in NE Norman, we got a nice but light shower Friday morning (I took the day off so I was home and witnessed it!)...and the we got more rain overnite. This afternoon (Saturday), we got several short showers. No measurable precip, but moisture none-the-less.

Jay - I sincerely wish there was a way Diane could package up a big puddle of all her rain and send it to you. I'd contribute to the "rainy day fund"! Nothing works as good as Mother Nature's rain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here