Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You Eat What You Feed Them

Posted by biradarcm 7b (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 22:56

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You Eat What You Feed Them

I understand the point of this message, but the fact is that we feed our plants chicken manure so for an instant I had a really gross image.

o

LOL Dorothy. I think the plant has a pretty good cleansing system for fertilizer, but not for those pesticides sprayed on the leaves and fruit.

o

I didn't know the pesticides are food for the plants.

o

Dorothy and Carol, LOL, you both have great sense of practical humor. I guess they might have used more broader term "chemical" rather than just 'pesticides'. that would make sense of Scott point!

There are lot of campaigns and protest going against use of chemicals and GMO crops in India, this is one of the add of the popular show

-Chandra

o

Chandra, I have been reading about the wheat in India that has been going to waste, yet people are staving to death. So sad.

o

Carol, that is very true, county is growing enough food to feed a million and surplus for export, but middlemen and greedy traders over stock the grain to create virtual inflation and widen gap b/w demand and supply to fetch higher price. They make 10 times than the real hard working producer (poor farmers) and then overstocked grain go waste every year, that is really sad. -Chandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here