Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mulberryknob

Finally....rain.

mulberryknob
10 years ago

We got 6/10 of an inch last night, 4 weeks to the day since our last rain. Yay!!

Comments (6)

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Hooray! I'm so happy for you. I bet the rainfall will perk up the plants a bit too.....hopefully a lot more than just a bit.

It has rained on and off here for three days, but not really very heavily at any given point. We're up to 1.1" now, so I surely cannot complain.

Even better than the rain? Last week our high temperatures were over 100 every day. This week so far? Our high temperatures have been in the 70s, although I think we'll be in the 80s today. Any way you look at it, it's been a great few days, weatherwise, but I sure do dread the return of the heat as this upper level low and its pleasant temperatures and rain move on.

• helenh
    10 years ago

No rain here for a month and just a sprinkle here not enough to drip off the roof. I am still hopeful and glad you got a good rain. When there was no hope of rain here we are getting clouds from the south east. Maybe I'll get one of those showers today.

• mulberryknob
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Visited a friend at Keys southwest of Tahlequah today and got poured on as I returned home by Lake Tenkiller area. Ran out of it 5 miles from home. Oh Well.

That sounds so good, Dawn, and coming slowly means it all soaked in. We haven't had any temps of 100 or more so far. And it was only in the 80s today.

Helen, hope some comes your way.

• wbonesteel
    10 years ago

During the last week, we've had a bit over three inches of rain here in Duncan. This year, in spite of some high temps during recent weeks, our water bill is down substantially from the same period last year.

Other than that, I've had nothing new to report, except for getting some kind of mold on a row of green beans.

• shankins123
    10 years ago

So far...4.5 inches in The Village over the last couple of days. I have emptied my rain gauge 3 times, and each time it registered 1.5 inches. I am happy with that and all of my rain barrels/buckets are full :-)

Sharon

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    10 years ago

Dorothy, We got two little popup showers last night around dinner time. They both came with more lightning and thunder than rain, but two brief heavy downpours gave us another 0.3", so we're up to 1.4" and I'm thrilled.

It was so humid out there this morning but the temperatures still are better than last week, and we are getting cloudy again, though I don't really see anything coming our way on the radar.

Helen, I hope you get some rain. I was feeling so discouraged last week with the very high temperatures and no rain, but after three or four cool days and some decent rainfall, I have a much better attitude. It will be nice to not have to water anything this week, except maybe the new fall tomato plants in containers. I kept them on the covered patio on these rainy days to keep the rain off their foliage in an effort to prevent disease.

Warren, That's a wonderful amount of rainfall! Our water bill is substantially lower this summer too, which is such a relief. I've only watered the fenced garden except for watering the front yard once, and the yard was looking awful since I wasn't watering it. The garden still looked good. Of course, the problem with a good-looking green garden surrounding by acres of dry grassland is that all the pests flock to the green garden. I'm hoping some of the pests will go back to the fields now that they will be greening up again.

Sorry to hear about the mold on the green beans.

Sharon, Wow, wow, wow! I knew y'all were getting a lot of rain because I was watching the radar. You are just so lucky! I hope your plants enjoy all that rain and that it doesn't bring disease with it. You know how that goes.....rain in hot weather can be such a two-edged sword.

Did y'all notice that while we have been luxuriating in cooler temperatures, clouds, rain, drizzle, etc., the folks to our east have been having our usual summer heat with heat advisories, etc.? While I certainly wouldn't wish that type of heat on anyone, I'm glad we got a break from it for a few days, and I hope their heat wave breaks too.

Dawn

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!