Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mksmth_zone_6b

North East OK residents...

You're welcome for the rain. LOL I watered the garden and washed a car Tuesday. Looks like my rain dance worked. Been coming down on and off pretty good here in Tulsa.

Mike

Comments (12)

• AmyinOwasso/zone 6b
    9 years ago

Thanks, Mike, I was going to have to water today. You want to save some for later?

• scottokla
    9 years ago

I used about 700 gallons on my blueberries and two trees yesterday, so I did my part also!

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That would be nice if we could. I really need to get a rain catchment setup. It was Pretty good timing as things are starting to look a little dry around here.

Mike

• AmyinOwasso/zone 6b
    9 years ago

Yeah, you can quit dancing now. I should save water, too...shoulda, coulda, woulda. I don't know if you have gotten as much in Tulsa as I have in Owasso. There has been a narrow band that keeps moving over us.1.25 on the rain gauge an hour ago and it just keeps coming down.

• Erod1
    9 years ago

My rain guage is now at 5 inches. It stops for a bit then the sky opens up and dumps buckets. I just did a slow, long, deep soak all day yesterday in my tomato patch, so i guess i get some more mushy tomatos with the rain added to them today. I'll take it over store bought any day of the year.

Im just a few miles north of you Amy.

Emma

• AmyinOwasso/zone 6b
    9 years ago

A young man from Collinsville was telling me how much rain you got just north of me. My rain guage is just shy of 2 inches. I'll bet South Tulsa didn't get that much. Radar always looked like the northern half of the county was getting the most.

• OklaMoni
    9 years ago

Amy my friend near 21st and Gary got 2 inches, and she is ecstatic! Plans to go weeding today. :)

Moni

• scottokla
    9 years ago

We finished with just over an inch, but I don't have an accurate figure. The area of this part of the state that had missed out on the rain was the greater Tulsa area, so it was great that a lot of that has now caught up.

Our farm is a little SW of Tulsa and we are still less than 2 inches for the last 30 days. Maybe next week.

• quailhunter
    9 years ago

I'm just north of Collinsville and my rain gauge showed 2.75. Wouldn't be surprised if we got a bit more than that. It rained all day and very heavy at times.

I watered my okra the evening before. That's what caused it.

• tulsastorm
    9 years ago

I knew better than to count on that 40% chance of rain, so I did my part and watered my garden and lawn on Tuesday . My weather station recorded 1.04" in Brookside. Not as much as some of you, but I'm not going to complain. I now predict a 100% chance of me mowing a couple of times next week, LOL.

• sammy zone 7 Tulsa
    9 years ago

We are in Broken Arrow, and received plenty of rain. I have been putting in soaker hoses, and will be able to wait for awhile before I use them.

Sammy

• Erod1
    9 years ago

I guess we got lucky and the storm sat right on top of my piece of ground, i know it did because the lightening and thunder were incredible. I emptied my rain guage at 6" and i know we received that amount because my smal pond is now full and was overflowing into the big pond via the overflow system we have set up. The small pond hasnt been full in several years. We got lucky i guess. Were in a weird spot here, we either get all or nothing. Ive watched radar many times and seen just a small circle of nothing right where i am, while its pouring wverywhere else.

Im so thankful for my pond filling up!