Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seedless Tomato

Posted by biradarcm 7b (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 12:37

Dawn or any of you ever come across seedless tomato? See picture below. We found this surprise while slicing beef master for fresh eating. I bite a big chunk before taking a picture to see any seeds hiding...

I am looking for a unlocked truck/car to dispose these lemon cumbers like you usually do with zucchinis or may be tomatoes this year. I don't know what to do with them after giving them to many friends, office colleagues and fed up with smoothy, juices, sambar, etc... I bought that basket today to office and left at main entrance with label FREE Organic Cucumbers.

We are dried about five gallon bags tomatoes and another few bags of other vegetables. here on epic taken a couple of weeks ago when weather was too hot and dry for dehydration...

-Chandra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seedless Tomato

Chandra,

I have had that happen this year too. I assume that the high temperatures and lack of moisture cause it. I've had it in Big Beef, Beefmaster and Bushsteak tomatoes harvested in the last month---not all the tomatoes from those plants, but at least 1 or 2 from each one.

With cucumbers, when I have too many for fresh eating and already have made all the pickles we'll need for the next two years, I give away the extra or slice them in half and feed them to my chickens. Chickens are great about gobbling up lots of excess produce.

It is a great cucumber year, likely because the cucumber beetle population is almost non-existent this year.

Dawn

o

I haven't seen one cucumber beetle this year. I made 1 quart and 5 pints of pickles a few days ago, but by tomorrow I will probably need to make a few more. Cucumbers have been the most productive thing in my garden this summer.

o

Hi Chandra:

When I have extra produce and have given away all I can to friends and neighbors, I do one of two things.

I used to put it in cardboard boxes, and leave it outside the post office.

Recently, our county started a food bank so now I give surplus produce to them to distribute. I got the idea from the "Grow An Extra Row" initiatives around the country. (see link to an OK program below)

Here is a link that might be useful: Oklahoma Gardening: Plant a row for the hungry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here