Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thank You, Lord!

Posted by Pallida Zone 7b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 5, 11 at 14:59

Thank you, Lord, for this wonderful world!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pic. No. 2

Picture No. 2

o
RE: Pic. No. Three

Picture No. Three

o
RE: Pic. No. Four

Picture No. Four

o
RE: Pic. No. Five

Picture No. Five

o
RE: Pic. No. Six

Picture. No. Six

o
RE: Pic. No. Seven

Picture No. Seven
Just sharing.......

o
RE: Thank You, Lord!

Jeanie,

Are you photographing all these birds on your property, or have you been on vacation in south Texa?

Dawn

o

My goodness, they are gorgeous! Where did you find the photos?

Last year I had a pair of painted buntings at my feeder and was so excited that I could hardly sit still. I managed to get a couple of photos of them. Now I need to go out and make sure the feeders are full and clean the little water dish I have out for the birds. I took a big ceramic pie plate and suspended it from a macrame hanger in my 'bird tree' to keep the chickens and sheep out of it. It seems to be the right depth for the wild birds and they love it, although the wind tends to dump the water out if it gets swinging too badly.

Pat

o

Jeanie,

what a beautiful pictures!!! and excellent photography !!! are they visiting your backyard, if so then you are in the heaven! No 7 is cute too! Are they praying for Rain? Thanks for sharing wonderful pictures.

-Chandra

o
RE: Beautiful Birds

No. I am not the photographer. These came to me via E-Mail from a friend who knows I'm a nature lover. I just wanted to share them with my fellow nature lovers. The most colorful birds on my property are the Goldfinches in the Winter, the Housefinches and a Painted Bunting pair through the Summer and, of course, Cardinals, etc. I also have about six little Ruby Throats that wage battle over the sugar water every day. I love them all and enjoy their presence at my feeders. I certainly hope the young man and his dog are praying for rain!

Jeanie

o

I was hoping the green jays had decided the Rio Grande Valley was too hot and too dry this year and had decided to come up here.

I remember reading someplace that someone saw green jays in the Dallas area last year, so knowing that....it isn't that much of a stretch to think they could have made their way up there to Death Valley.

o
RE: Green Jays

Dawn,
I WISH! I'm still all agog over the Painted Bunting. Hope he brings friends next year, as this is the first year I had him, after living here four years.

Jeanie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here