Posted by Pallida Zone 7b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 30, 11 at 17:53

And it is cheap..........

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Jeanie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Oklahoma Rain Gauge

seems overly hopeful, is that for the whole year ??

o
RE: New Oklahoma Rain Gauge/2

Nope. This is the three yr. model!

Jeanie

o

Thats cute. Thanks for the laugh.

o

Jeanie, surely you know about Old Indian Weather method?

Hang rock outside of window or door. If rock is wet, is raining or foggy. If rock is hot, sun is shining. If rock is white on top, must be snow. And in OK, if rock has shiny covering of ice, too cold.! Go back inside, dummy!

I do hope that everyone knows that there is totally, absolutely NO racial or ethnic slur even remotely intended there. It's just an old joke, is all.

Pat

o

Lol .... a friend sent that one to me the other day, but she's a Texan and she called it a Texas rain gauge.

Suzie

o

Can you leave it on that board or are you suppose to run around the yard trying to catch the drops?

o

PHJ, I've tried it both ways. Went galloping around the yard trying to capture the drops, slipped in my wet, lush, green grass, fell in a puddle and but for my dog "Ferti-Roam" would have drowned! Lesson learned!

Jeanie

o

Probably need to move around, Punkin. Otherwise, it might not catch any of them. You'd need to have good distance vision, and be quick. Even then it would be a matter of luck. Several times our front yard has only gotten about 6 drops.

o

I bet it would work if you put it under the gutter downspout.

o

I think you need to mail it out of sate to ,say, Oregon or even Southern California who are having unheard of summer rains. My husband sent it to me yesterday with a Texas Rain gage tacked on it. We have renamed Tropical Storm Dan , Tropical Storm Bupkis.

o

Emily is another dud. Hope we have better luck with the letter "F".

o

Maybe Frankin, Gert or Harvey will fill up some rain gauges in our region. Or, the way our luck is going, maybe not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here