Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my garden update

Posted by sorie6 6b ok. (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 18:44

If you remember the rocks and all the Bermuda in my post(What would you do?)
Rocks are sunflower garden and round area is a new pergola garden. thank for looking. I'll have to put pic on 2 posts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my garden update

I love thesunflowers. I've never grow any this big!! Still enjoying learning Ok gardening.
DH painted the stones around the pergola!

o

That is beautiful! Great work! You just reminded me I need to go pluck the heads off mine for seed saving.

bon

o

Sorie, your sunflowers are beautiful. This is my first year of growing the large sunflowers also. Mine are a little behind yours, but most are starting to hang their heads. I expect that is from the seed pods getting heavier. If I plant them again I will not place them under something else.

Larry

photo DSCN1854_zps9d8e5051.jpg

o

This was a couple weeks ago. I just harvested the large heads in this area. These bloomed first. They were volunteers (go figure). I probably dropped them. The poly-headed sunflower surprised me.

Little Miss' sunflower hut never happened. They were planted. Many succumbed to disease. Others didn't. The diseased ones came back. They're all there but uneven in height.

Sunflowers will always be in my garden. When I brought in the heads and showed Little Miss she asked me if we could grow more from them. She was delighted.

Sunflowers = happy. :D

o

When do you cut them off?
I'm experimenting covering them so the birds can't get them and they can grow to maturity. Any suggestions what to cover them with? Thanks.

o

oops. Sorry forgot to post other pic of garden

o

Wow. That is gorgeous!

o

Beautiful. I would really enjoy that....Thanks for the inspiration
added to my list of things to do.
kim

o

Sorie, I love the bed, and especially the stone. Did you buy them like that or is that some of your art work? I have never seen stone stained like that.

Larry

o

The ones around the pergola DH painted them.
Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here