Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butterfly Kit

Posted by shankins123 7aOKC (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 28, 11 at 21:34

Something pleasant, instead of the HORRID HEAT :~)

Amazon has Butterfly Kits on sale for $7.97 (shipping is $3.11). The "list price" for these is $24.99. You get a collapsible habitat, feeder and instructions, along with a voucher (to mail in with $5.00 handling fee) for 5 larvae and special food.

I have no idea if this is a good deal or not...just thought it was cute and it (momentarily) took my mind off the heat.

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: Butterfly Kit

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butterfly Kit

Thanks for the tip.

I noticed Santa Rosa Gardens is gearing up for Fall planting and offering their first sale. $25 off any pre-Fall order of $50 or more.

To take my mind off of summer and plan for sanity, I have some seeds coming up to set out for Fall. They are out there growing in the shade coming along fine.

They say the best garden is next year's garden. I'm also planning what I am going to edit and do different next spring. I have some grasses I am going to rearrange.

Meanwhile, I water and wait. We have had these awful summers before and they always come to an end. I keep thinking of the State Fair. It always gets cool then.

o

That's a good price. They were on Kid's Woot recently for $10 (free shipping) and they sold out fast.

My friend in Michigan grows a ton of milkweed in her yard and just gathers free caterpillars and puts them in her butterfly house. While we were there, several hatched and the kids took turns releasing them.

Jo

o

Here is a picture my friend took of Adam and Leah releasing their butterfly

Photobucket

Jo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here