Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quailhunter_gw

Knockout Rose Warning!!

quailhunter
9 years ago

I'm all about carefree landscaping. We live in the country and we are way off the road, so I'm not too particular about what I have planted around the house. Knockout roses have become very popular due to their reputation for being easy and very disease resistant. They haven't been around all that long.

I couldn't figure out what was going on with my roses in the front of my house nor could I figure out why my front porch was covered in mites (mites are the vector for the virus). A quick google search a month ago gave me the answer: Rose Rosette disease, an untreatable virus. Apparently, it is the rose gardener's worst nightmare and has not affected the knockout rose until recently.

I'm here to tell you...it moves fast. I will be digging up all of my knockouts very soon. This is a warning to all of you out there. This has to be one of the most popular landscape plants out there and they are easy to take care of and are beatiful. After researching, I suspect that the roses won't be near as popular in a few more years.

Comments (8)