Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slowpoke_gardener

pesky critter picture

slowpoke_gardener
11 years ago

This is at my step sons, and not taken with a game camera, but he has no garden, only has to worry about horse and chicken feed.

Larry

Comment (1)

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    11 years ago

Larry,

That's a great photo.

You know that I am a sucker for these pesky critters and I love to watch them roam the yard, woods and pasture as long as they are not eating my plants.

Last night the standard herd of 7 that includes the tiny fawn came to eat. I had put out deer corn for them and they were thrilled. This morning some other herd of 6 was out there when Tim got home from work, but I doubt they found much. I really haven't thrown much on the compost pile the last few days--and what I have put out there the chickens and wild birds devour before the deer come at night or in the early morning.

Right now there is a big deer loitering on the edge of the woods snorting and stomping and having a fit. I don't know why, unless she was trying to drive me inside so she could try to scale the garden fence or something. We do have some sort of predator prowling around in the woods this morning so maybe that's what it is. That predator is likely a coyote and was upsetting my cats and dogs and making them very nervous, so I brought them in.

The longer the drought goes on, the more critters we'll all be seeing more up close and personal than usual.

There's a big copperhead dead in the road near our house this morning. That's a good place for a copperhead. Better there than in my garden.

Dawn

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County