Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottokla

OK, Jay, now to the important stuff....

scottokla
11 years ago

Any new Mexican restaurants in your area? I will be in Guymon next week.

Last time I only ate in Guymon once and it was not Mexican. I did not see any Mexican places other than the one I had tried before.

Gotta have my Mexican fix every day if possible!

Comments (3)

• elkwc
    11 years ago

Scott a new restaurant did open up recently in Guymon. It is called Margarita's Steakhouse and along 54 close to the newer motels that have been built. The owner has owned and operated one in Perryton, TX for years. I have ate there a few times but have ate at the buffet all but once. I did eat the chicken enchiladas. Everything was great except the enchiladas. No seasoning to the meat. I may have to try some of the other items. Also she stated in the newspaper they are training new cooks so that could be the problem. I have friends who have really liked the Mexican food they have ate there. Like I've stated before I don't eat Mexican food in Guymon very often. Usually when I do it is the little place across the street from Marla's. The place south of Braum's changed hands and in my opinion isn't as good. And I never considered it great. The other problem is they charge for green sauce now which is my preference. So I have only ate there once since the change over. I drove to Hooker to eat Sunday and then over to Guymon to shop. There and the place in Hugoton are my favorites. Wish I had some good news as I love good Mexican food as much as anyone. And usually eat it at least once a week. Jay

• scottokla
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just saw a place called Acapulco that is on the east side of Guymon that I wasn't aware of or maybe forgot about. Any opinion on that one. They seem to have been open a while.

I also found a place with high ratings in Woodward that I might try depending on what time of day I get to each town.

Tripadvisor is pretty cool.

• elkwc
    11 years ago

Scott I'm sure Acapulco closed about two months ago and is for sale. There is a Mexican place on east on 54 that I believe is a buffet type place that I have never ate at. Not sure why as I've tried about all the rest. My sister, nephew, my boy and another friend of Noah's all got food poisoning after eating at Acapulco probably nine years ago. Never ate there again till about 4 years ago. The food was good. I didn't consider it as good as that at Hooker. Beaver has a Chapalo's like the one in Hooker that everyone says is good. Jay