Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

OT: Saving Grace

susanlynne48
16 years ago

Has anyone seen this series on TNT yet? I've watched it 3 or 4 times now, but last night I just had to change the channel. I always like Holly Hunter in her past performances, but this character is just obscene IMHO. The way they are portraying folks in Oklahoma is disturbing to say the least. There is so much inappropriate behavior (I know it happens, but gosh, do I have to watch it? no), bad language, drinking, etc. I hope this is not an accurate account of our police dept.

Just wondered what, if anything, you all had to say about it, assuming you've watched it???

Susan

Comments (15)

• butterflymomok
    16 years ago

Susan,

I changed the channel. It was rude and crude. Maybe we ought to protest the protrayal of Oklahomans. I hope the show has a short life.

Sandy

• rjj1
    16 years ago

I protest by not watching most of the crap on television. A little Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, and some sports. The rest of it is an insult to what little intelligence I have left.

For the most part I don't hear people upset with the portrayal of all married people as sex starved adulators, or the fact that The Disney Channels for the most part portrays all parents as idiots that can't function in this world without their genus kids.

There is just too many other things in life to enjoy. Why waste valuable and meaningful time you can never get back or replace watching crap?

Officially off my soapbox now.

randy

• oakleif
    16 years ago

Can this ole Arkie say she was offended by that show too. I know it's not a representation of you guys.I Don't watch it anymore.
    vickie

• impatience_7
    16 years ago

Actually I have just loved Grace. She certainly has issues, but seems to do her job well. It is strange when names and places pop up like an address, Penn Square Mall, etc. This past Monday the plot line involved police officers that we involved in the Murrah building. It was subtle but when the pic of the building went by I gasped.

Grace called upon God to help her and she got Earl!

• hank1949
    16 years ago

What show are you all talking about, what channel is it on and what time is it on?

Hank

• susanlynne48
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's on TNT (Channel 31 in OKC), at 9:00 p.m. on Monday nights. I watched the first 2 1/2 episodes and then just got disgusted and turned to something else. I think it's a pretty darned sleazy show and the portrayal of OKC and it's police officers is downright insulting. It simply has no class at all. Grace is a hard drinkin', potty mouth, lying, sex-starved, police officer. Need I say more? I expected more from Holly Hunter, but you don't always get what you expect. I also expected to be something along the lines of Law & Order, which I really do like, CSI (I love it), etc., but I can't get past all of the character defects portrayed in these actors.

Susan

• river22
    16 years ago

Funny, I happen to be sitting here watching it right now. This is the first show I have watched and I think it is downright disgusting. I'm changing the channel.

• steffieok
    16 years ago

That is the beauty of the remote---you don't have to watch it. I however will be watching. The show to me is about lose of faith and Grace being a lost soul. Earl is trying to help her back to her belief. The show could take place anywhere where a large group of people have experienced tragedy in overwhelming circumstances---and I believe her sister died in the OKC bombing.

Anyway, it beats some of other stuff on television, but what do I know I watch Supernatural and never, never, never watch Fox News Channel. So it takes all kinds to make the world go around.

• impatience_7
    16 years ago

Did anyone see the season finale?

• steffieok
    16 years ago

Yes, did you like? That girl has lots and lots of issues does she not. And how scary are some of the things that have happened to her.

Just let me know what ya think. I am going to continue watching next season. My only question, how does a woman her age stay soooooooooo bony?

Steffie

• impatience_7
    16 years ago

Doggone-I have been trying to log on for days. Finally.

Steffie, yes I thought the finale was great! I can't help but really like Grace-many issues, but look how many people from all walks of life trust and adore her (and I'm not just talking about the men ;-)) No, I wouldn't want to be her-but she sure is fun to watch.

imp

• steffieok
    16 years ago

Hi Imp!

Wow, another Grace fan! My favor was the night she and the Texan were riding horses, she climbed the tree, gazed out over the land and said, "Oklahoma is so beautiful"

She's not that bad, I work with some old gals just like her.

Glad you are back online. I have problems sometimes with the internet myself. Gotta luv AT&T!

Anyway, what other shows interest you? I mean it can't all be about gardening all the time, right?

Chat when ya can. Steffie

• impatience_7
    16 years ago

Steffie, I just caught the Pilot of Saving Grace. It was so moving how the Memorial was treated in this episode. I like how Oklahoma City is portrayed in this series-may have a wild woman, but no one is crooked or on the take. It also shows how the bombing affected so many people.

I also like Keith Olberman-a news show, but an entertaining one. I also like numb3rs, Grey's Anatomy and Brothers and Sisters. (I also record "Angel" every morning).

What do you watch?

imp

• susie_gardener_2007
    16 years ago

I really like Saving Grace. If she wasn't so BAD, she wouldn't need that "Last Chance Angel". I must admit I was surprised by some of the language, sex and nudity in prime time. My goodness! She sleeps with a different guy every week, usually a co-worker!

It's unrealistic, but it's entertainment. None of the cops around here look as good as some of those on that show. I do wish they'd give her a better looking hairdo. I read an article about Holly and the show and she's supposed to be portraying someone her real age on the show....49.

I look forward to Monday nights for The Closer and Saving Grace. Both shows about smart, older women who are not perfect.

Susie

• steffieok
    16 years ago

Susie: I like the The Closer as well. But I dont see it that often just because I do have a hard time with attention span. :) There are a bunch of the baby boomers who like to see smart older women who are not dependent on everyone else in their life to plug in a toaster all the way to handling a personal crisis. If you think about it I would rather see Kyra, Holly, Meryl, Glen being real women than the young "girls" we see now in the headlines, drinking, drugs, driving, divorcees, custody, and no underwear being discussed because they hit 12 clubs in one night and returned to Rehab the next day. Oops a rant! Sorry:)

Imp: I like B&S as well. I like the family dynamic on that show. Actually reminds me in some ways of my B&S. You know no one agrees with politics, religion etc but no one else is allowed to mess with the other, cause we are B&S after all.

I may give Lost another try in Feb. although the show is getting a little tiresome (goes back to the attention span of a gnat)

Heroes is okay but I dont get the big hubbub from the viewing audience. However, I did like the Sopranos when it was on, really intense, and I even liked the way they ended it.

I do watch Supernatural, Criminal Minds, and numb3rs.

Watched some new shows this week, Moonlight on CBS shows some promise, and Life on NBC is okay. But I am a closet My name is Earl watcher when Jamie Presly is going to have the major story line. The woman who will say and do anything and see nothing wrong with it and does not care what anyone thinks. She is soooooooooooo redneck, gotta love her.

Well, the weather is fabulous, time to hit the flower bed I am scalping and get it ready for winter recover after the incident with the neighbors Round Up.

Chat more later, Steffie :)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?