Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
U D Drought Monitor 8/14/2012

Posted by okiedawn Z7 OK (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 9:49

This week's U. S. Drought Monitor map is linked below.

In Oklahoma, both the D-2 and D-4 categories grew and D-3 got a little smaller accordingly.

I am shocked at how much D-4 spread over Kansas. A little over 63% of Jay's state is in Exceptional Drought. That is pretty astonishing.

I noticed even Hawaii has some severe drought, which is hard to imagine in such a tropical paradise.

Hopefully in the next couple of months our usual late summer and early autumn rains will return in force and we'll be looking an improving drought monitor maps each week.

If you want to look at a specific state, click on that state on the U.S. map, and that will bring up that state's region, then click on the state again there on the regional map to get the state map.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: U. S Drought Monitor Map 8/14/2012

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Saturday's KBDI

Since rain is falling, I'm going to link Saturday's KBDI here. Hopefully when we look at Sunday's KBDI map, we'll see some lower KBDI numbers. Remember that drought ends bit by bit over a sustained period of time.

Let's hope that today's rainfall is the beginning of prolonged rainfall that will get us back out of drought by Christmas, or at least well on our way out of drought and back to more normal conditions by then.

Here is a link that might be useful: Today's KBDI

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here