Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Truer Words

Posted by Pallida Zone 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 11:18

Quote:

Gardening requires a lot of water, mostly in the form of perspiration!

Jeanie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Truer Words

Actually, I disagree (I am laughing as I type this) somewhat with that quote as it relates to gardening here in Oklahoma. In our typically dry and drought-plagued summers, perspiration won't save my plants, but irrigation will. : ) Believe me, it wasn't perspiration that kept my plants producing in June and July.

That saying might be more applicable in areas where rain actually falls from the sky though.

Dawn

o
RE: Truer Words/2

Dawn,

Teehee! I agree with you! We STILL haven't had much rain, though I'm thankful for every drop...........

Jeanie

o

I can agree with both the comment and Dawn. Here without both it is hard to be successful many years. Jeanie we only received 2 tenths of an inch during the 3 days. Of course they say they think this area only received half of an inch when it rained 4o days and nights elsewhere and floated the Ark. About 20 miles away they received from 3-4.50 inches Friday afternoon. Just hope we aren't still in the doughnut hole. Jay

o

Jeanie, I was thinking that if perspiration would have made the garden great this summer or last summer, that I perspired enough to have the greatest garden ever. lol

Jay, I hope you're not in the doughnut hole too. That's just the worst place in the world.

Dawn

o

Jay, That is funny. LOL LOL LOL

o

Jay, that was a good one. The Ark must be somewhere in Kansas, I bet nobody has thought of looking there, they have been looking half a world away.

o

Surely it would have hit dry ground somewhere around Oklahoma or Kansas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here