Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So...bloom boost?

Posted by shankins123 7aOKC (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 30, 11 at 14:25

Yes..I'm nuts. But, putting that aside...if the temps are supposed to moderate by next Monday (Labor Day)...is it the right time to be feeding our survivor tomatoes and peppers with bloom boost? I'd really like to redeem a tiny part of this crazy summer!!

Sharon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So...bloom boost?

what would you have to lose ?

o

LOL...isn't that the truth?!?

Sharon

o

Sharon, It wouldn't hurt to try it, but keep in mind that any fruit that forms in early September may not have a chance to size up and ripen before the first frost.

If the first frost is early this year, you won't get to harvest much, if anything, from the plants fed Bloom Booster now. But, if the first frost is late, you could get a lot. So, why not give it a shot? However, after giving it that dose of Bloom Booster fertilizer now, I wouldn't feed it again this fall. You will want for the fruit that form/set in early September to have the best chance of sizing up and ripening, and to encourage that you don't want for the plants to keep setting more and more fruit. What you will want is for the plant to put its energy into sizing up and ripening the early fruit that form from blooms that you get following the use of Bloom Booster. If later fruit is setting, it can interfere in the development of the early fruit that already have set.

Dawn

o

Good thoughts....I put it on today - we'll see what happens :~)

Sharon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Oklahoma Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here